Recycled scrap ...

johnny.race

On 6/7/2018 at 17:37, johnny.race said:

Farrk! that's cool! Where is your mate from? Up @Gasser's way somewhere? Did it come from (was it Wilf or Alf's or something?) place? Do you reckon he'd be into catching up with a gc like me so I could have a sqizz at this masterpiece, sometime?

No Problem, hook me up and make it happen

• Like 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, chasinthemirage said:

What sort of truck is it? Big block, slam and duallies plz

I think its going to end up sorta resembling and doing what Mr J. Potter's example gets up to as seen below. An eXcellent example on mintness! Ratrod, hotrod, POS or whatever you choose to call them - they are much fun to beat on, can turn their hand to near anything automotive and, last but not least - look and sound the part for not alot of $. 

This pic was taken 4 years ago up at Bulls at Harrisville.

P3031550.thumb.JPG.7caf934f465b7d5d1393eace143bd042.JPG

• Like 6

Clearly J Potters RAT was dominating the field when this pic was clicked. That looks to be the BB Powered MoPar Safety Car entering the track in order to try and catch Potter. He never did.  Also if memory serves me right - Potters RAT went on to win the 2014 Bulls 500 that year. Oh yeah, and that 32' had been lapped already (maybe twice) by Potters brutal piece of machinery. 

• 8 months later...

This came in awhile ago. These are rare. Look at that big arsed 'N' cast into the casting. This is the most sought after type of head that ever popped out of Henry's Car Factory(s) Among other things, this was the head that came out behind Fords factory Hotrod BB Powered Cars. Of the factory offerings ... this was the pinnacle. This is made from Nodular Iron. People mistake the semi common twin rib variety as one of these - but nup, they are not.

PC051398.thumb.JPG.f2d2d057010a326a1008805e3b1c1bde.JPG

This particular one has been beefed up considerably using primo race quality parts. Look at the size of that fuckin' Pinion support :))I've seen a few of them and this is a big fucker as far as support/cartridge's go. 35 spline axles, Lenco Caps ... my gawd. This was built to handle some power.

PC051400.JPG.0f016e42ff552fe18485bc05db937e59.JPG

PC051401.JPG.855da9afeeb50f9152bdf43b1f1978b0.JPG

PC051403.JPG.68a79c35a7a8cc1642d5c6cb49dfd341.JPG

Now we get to the reason why it was dropped off into my shed. Look at teeth on the ring, lol! 

PC051402.JPG.14fb65bfeb0b1142820534179cf10801.JPG

Squashed as. Fuck, this thing has had some real power put through it with serious hook to do this sort of damage. I have not had a decent look but they are probably Pro gears I'd guess. Thus the reason for the oversize cartridge and the soft' look of these things. I dunno. And look at that thing sticking out from where the UJ yoke should be. A coupler, haha! Driven by a little old lady my arse. Only a Chrysler could do this sorta rekt to Fords best. The owner was doing a cunt hair under 200 with this head. Its in for a ratio change and a freshen up. And then he's going to run in the 6's. Crazy. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

That looks cool, be good to see it when all welded up. With the cutting, have you considered one of the metal cut off blades you can get? Would need to turn the wheel a bit more to stop heat build up, but the disc would last longer and stays at full size. Like this: https://www.mitre10.co.nz/shop/lenox-lenox-metalmax-cutoff-wheel-dg-125mmx22-2mmx1-3mm-white/p/306860 I run a 4" blade and haven't had to change a blade since installing it. A lot less dust created too. As mentioned though, can get heat build up if you leave it in one spot (blade itself doesn't seem to get hot). Move it around a bit and it would work well though.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...