Recycled scrap ...

johnny.race

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got myself some new work boots the other week. My old ones were years old and had worn out soles. I wear (I must walk fucked) out the outside heel on my shoes/boots. My boots had got to the point of wear where it was becoming uncomfortable on some surfaces. I work for myself so have no employer to buy my footwear for me. I am a tight cunt with old  school values too. I got to thinking that my new boots would eventually meet the same fate as my old ones ie. by being worn out on the outter heel region. I decided I needed to do something about this. so i rang a couple of cobblers in town and asked them about having metal heel plates fitted to my new boots. One of them laughed down the phone outright and said no one did that sort of stuff anymore. The other said yeah he might have something in the draws but would have to look and couldn't give me (even) a ball park cost.

Fuck'em I thought. I can build the arse ends of cars from scratch - Da fuk am i asking these cunts for??

The pics show what I did. I used Gorilla glue and some 2 or 3mm scrap plate. They work beauty. Comfy as. The sound they make on the concrete floor reminds me of listening to my oldman walk when I was a nipper. Also the sound the old school Snr NCO's used to make when they drilled us on the parade ground when I was a young man. The tools stand to attention when i walk into the shed now, lol! 

P4251163.JPG.f8eb0c75e58ac1b2d3652c84627f2fdf.JPG

P4251165.JPG.04c4a26b164316c72c0f3ffdf5ef58b5.JPG

P4291171.thumb.JPG.80356ccaedfaccadc965318078eaad20.JPG

P4261170.JPG.bc9d29258448569d0ed05c12610cd2b7.JPG

P4301173.JPG.68ff9c59f3284dade45e77f9bc0c3f3d.JPG

P4261166.thumb.JPG.510fafac573843fec4b816ea5fb20551.JPG

But seriously, there are no noticeable traction issues apparent yet. There is plenty of rubber, so yeah. 

I didn't bother getting my old boots resoled, they were scuffed, leaky fuckers ... and this mod? The cost of some gorilla glue and a little time.

I love shed life.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, johnny.race said:

I rang a couple of cobblers in town and asked them about having metal heel plates fitted to my new boots. One of them laughed down the phone outright and said no one did that sort of stuff anymore. The other said yeah he might have something in the draws but would have to look and couldn't give me (even) a ball park cost.

Fuck'em I thought. I can build the arse ends of cars from scratch - Da fuk am i asking these cunts for??

I lolled at "dafuq am I asking these cunts for?". 

Love the scrap metal creations btw.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I did a simmler thing with my motorcycle boots, I made steel plates for the outter toes and glued them on with liquid nails, I found my self delerbritley holding them on the road at night to make sparks.

• Like 6

See that's the thing about today's suck hole world - the mindset drummed into us is to 'throw it away and buy another one' when its worn out. Cunts laugh at you wanting to fix up and continue using old gear. Fcuking consumer world. I laugh my arse off seeing late model shitters starting to come into the yard. Each one of them represents someone having paid a small fortune for the turkey and then it broke. They couldn't fix it themselves and neither would the insurance company because it cost too much. Lol! Get a dirty old LN106 and never pay anyone to fix it up for ya because they are simple and don't break that easy. Good for picking up scrap iron too ... Fucking luxers - Look the business, is the business :))

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

@Gasser & I used a Helicopter to get this one out of a swamp then mate made it into his dream machine for almost exactly the same purpose from exactly the same thing hah snap!

10413352_744127225622570_341091155998996

Bedford Dually on the back

10610705_10152780429834181_2441146989568

will have to see if I can dig out the original 'msPaint blueprints...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, JoKer said:

@Gasser & I used a Helicopter to get this one out of a swamp then mate made it into his dream machine for almost exactly the same purpose from exactly the same thing hah snap!

10413352_744127225622570_341091155998996

Farrk! that's cool! Where is your mate from? Up @Gasser's way somewhere? Did it come from (was it Wilf or Alf's or something?) place? Do you reckon he'd be into catching up with a gc like me so I could have a sqizz at this masterpiece, sometime?

• Like 3

Put a bar through the middle for mounting to a rotisserie sometime in the future. Used it to lift the cab from off the chassis.P6071247.thumb.JPG.b819666615527567ed6d04d179a3bd81.JPG 

Brought the gantry from out of the shed and did the deed. There are mills, welders and all sorts of stuff in the shed but the gantry trumps them all in my books. Fuck engine cranes - get a gantry.

P6091248.thumb.JPG.1db328f81febbd91a865d06e0aa74c7f.JPG

Deed done. 

P6101252.thumb.JPG.b3e793661201be69e92943bba7f6bce0.JPG

I need to have a think about things now. I like the looks of Coles Rat but I need to remember what this little venture started out as being for - paddock racing/skids and shit. Room inside for race space and the wearing of crash helmets is a must have. Nasty chops look uber cool but leave no room for jounce. Hmmm. Any of you guys know Jeff (PN/Tok) who has that Jailbar Ruffy? Races it at places like that Outlaw Track up in Bulls doing 'Day in the Dirt' type stuff. I want this to be doing the same sorta thing - ratty and fit for purpose. Anyway - cab is off. Going to cut stuff out of it until i can get it sitting where I want it to sit behind that Wedgy.

• Like 2