Toyota 4age black top, who is the diagnostic expert?

Seedy Al

I had that problem. Luckily i work at toyota so had access to the old brick IT1 which measured the o2 sensor and gave a graph reading of it fuel trims

Old sensor was dead, flat lined. Fitted new sensor and on open loop circuit was fluctuating correctly. Also hesistation went away.

Also check that your efi temp sensor is working properly

Well. .... I replaced the o2 sensor today, and also set the base timing as it was at 5 degrees and is meant to be at 10. Still has hesitation but seems to be much better. And also actually revs alot better as you would expect with the timing being out. At this point im going to leave it for now and get her to keep running it on 95min, and see if it starts to improve.

Worst case I can probably borrow a car from the car dealer we work for and try swapping ignitor and coil etc.

So much info on the Internet and yet there is no magic cure haha.

I've had this on a couple of blacktops now. Oxygen sensor was the main culprit but also wear on the vvt pulley also caused a bit of cam wander that made it run similar to what you are describing. Swapped on a replacement pulley and the issue went away.