Yetchh's Redzone Relocation..

yetchh

I also had to install a kitchen extractor, came with a ding for good measure..

IMAG3814_zpswcp56cxb.jpg

IMAG3815_zpsdkxe26jk.jpg

Got them to send me a new one, classic no planning for kitchen when I decided to put the hole for the ducting encountered a ceiling batten so I had to squeeze the duct in half to get it through there.. still, pulls like a school boy which is great.

IMAG4528_zps3xyp0qon.jpg

That's everything up to code..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not from the ap as I put a layer of polythene plastic to stop rising moisture, can get a small amount of moisture after a big rain but it's gone almost as soon as you open the door.. was good to buy a dehumidifier to eliminate any that occurred but haven't got around to it..

How.about all.that flash new kerb and channel outside your.house too?!

The blokes who did the prep work for the kerbies were a bit short on kind things to say about the graduate who oversaw that job. I'd love to know if your flooding problem is cured next time we get a decent rain.

So that's the living area 95% finished, was gonna build a shed to the left of the raised beds but Mrs doesn't want that now, and a small tunnel house to the right,

IMAG4405_zpsrgpfnpio.jpg

Will get there eventually, need to put some sort of border around the lawn.. as much as I like black birds, they fucken flick shit from the garden (seagrass mulch from the estuary) all over the lawn.. anyway, pics

IMAG4401_zpsht6auqm0.jpg

IMAG4408_zpsnkfhjnao.jpg

IMAG4403_zpsfa7anng9.jpg

Now on to the windows/cladding..

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RUNAMUCK said:

How.about all.that flash new kerb and channel outside your.house too?!

The blokes who did the prep work for the kerbies were a bit short on kind things to say about the graduate who oversaw that job. I'd love to know if your flooding problem is cured next time we get a decent rain.

Yeah nice, tho the other side is getting a while lot more done.. not one to complain, but they never put the dirt for the lawn back so there's a big trench between the curb and the existing lawn still..

That gets done last.

But if it's not done within four weeks of the hot mix being laid, call (03)9418999 and whinge like a caller to talkback radio. Because this are so poorly organised at present I'd. Not be surprised if it.never got done. Be sure to state that it's a safety concern too......

• Like 2

Ok.. time for the windows..

As it is at the moment I just have window sitting straight on the ply (with a 10mm gap) but it's a look that I hate, so to give it a bit more depth I decided a long time ago I wanted sills and facings around the windows. I set up a batten to carry the sill when it came time to attach them.

As you can see here just below the window,

IMAG3289_zpsvz2ltmmn.jpg

I then had to decide what style I wanted and how I was going to fix the sill, the easiest was to just cut a 75deg bevel on the back of a piece of mac giving it 15deg of fall away from the window and automatically giving it a drip edge, 

Like this, and the facing would come down onto it, made the ledging even at 30mm around the facing,

IMAG4476_zpsmotzupty.jpg

Drilled at roughly 300 centers with 100mm ss screws and mastic to hold them,

IMAG4519_zpscxrsvdld.jpg

I then had to fill the hole, which by the way was made with a cheap bunnings speed bore that cut the hole at exactly 10mm unlike the more expensive Bosch bit that cut it at 11mm, que the expensive plug cutter..

IMAG4512_zps9y8rnoun.jpg

IMAG4513_zpsluxheydj.jpg

IMAG4514_zpss4vhzd5o.jpg

Get in the hole!

IMAG4515_zpssa5jme91.jpg

IMAG4516_zpsxbenme0l.jpg

Can see a small edge, as you can with some of them.. put that down to lack of attention when drilling holes/plugs.. can't see it from 2m..

IMAG4517_zpszhc59mld.jpg

IMAG4523_zpszfmqn1n1.jpg

Then on with the rest, you can also see the rear deck..

IMAG4521_zps6y6dwg7e.jpg

IMAG4524_zpslmsdhfjz.jpg

IMAG4526_zpsbxcsi83b.jpg

And that's where I'm up to now, start the facings this weekend and then on to the CLADDING!.... finally

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1