Yetchh's Redzone Relocation..

yetchh

Yeah, was hoping to get a bit more done but when it came to the walls there was some prep to do, and the sparky took all my spare mains cable so I couldn't run a couple of extra power points.. will get on to the bathroom tomorrow if it rains..

Today's effort..

IMAG3226_zpsrn4hcrlb.jpg

IMAG3227_zpsdazqa1x0.jpg

Hope it rains..

• Like 2

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Getting a bit of plaster on.. excitement..

IMAG3250_zps2j1vbmyi.jpg

IMAG3249_zpswnigharf.jpg

IMAG3248_zpslx3dce4g.jpg

My old boss/family friend/mate is doing most of it for me, he's fast and good. Gonna pick up the ply for the cladding tomorrow. Going with shadowclad textured seconds as its cheaper than normal ply and comes with ship lap edges for ease of installation. Yes it's not guaranteed by chi for residential cladding but by the time I clad or with mac you'll barely see the ply..

• Like 3

Just spent 2 1/2 hrs down at my Bil's house doing my ply set out.. was/is a cunt as the house isn't set out for the macrocarpa I'll be putting on eventually. Had to simulate the ply with the cladding on and move it around on the walls till it fit the best, then set the location of the joins.. hopefully it's not gonna look shit.

Screenshot_20170330-230228_zpsoge6wklq.p

Also got 750 lineal meters of mac arriving at the tnl depot in hornby, fuck it's a lot of wood.. not sure where or how I'm gonna store it.

This arrived yesterday, picked it up this morning,

IMAG3273_zpseoyeybop.jpg

Started unpacking it, for merchant grade is really good, better than I expected. It's also bandsawn not rip sawn which was unexpected,

IMAG3278_zpsglfarj2j.jpg

Made a frame up of offcuts the other night for it to sit while is dries out,

IMAG3276_zps7gdw3vse.jpg

Filleted and stored, gonna buy some cheap tiedowns to clamp it a bit and stop it twisting..

IMAG3279_zpsh2tcbi4q.jpg

IMAG3280_zpsa64mnkcj.jpg

All the dried stuff I just stuck on timber hung from the secondary bearers, my only gripe with the timber is for the facings  which he recommended dry, fair enough I'll get that, they could mill it down I asked if it was rough sawn and could they mill one side, the answer was yes but then I get this,

IMAG3281_zpsskd0balb.jpg

Not at all what I want and doesn't match a single thing,  bit annoying really as I now have to deal with it.. *sigh, add it to the list. At least I can use it to make my bench/s,

Dried storage,

IMAG3282_zpsahcoj0hq.jpg

Also my in laws have done a fucken great job leveling and clearing/preparing the rear of the section, I'm stoked..

IMAG3283_zpsehmvicec.jpg

IMAG3284_zpsraggzcl9.jpg

Just gotta get all my levels right and I can start cladding.. Yay!

• Like 5

Nah it towed really nice, that trailer tows really nice.. as it should I guess, it cost 7k. Just took it easy round corners haha

As for the milling, the bloke recommended I use dried mac milled which was fine but I asked if it would still be rough sawn, he must have miss understood and thought I meant did it start of rough sawn but what I meant was would it be finished rough sawn like 95% of all the other timber even some of the dried stuff.. it just looks like framing

Spent a couple of hours this afternoon on the second to last phase in the cladding saga..

YAY!!

IMAG3286_zpsspumbqvj.jpg

IMAG3288_zpstdtpuocr.jpg

IMAG3289_zpsvz2ltmmn.jpg

Good times, not a great fan of the cca treatment lines but they should fade.. I wonder if there's something you can spray on to make them fade a bit faster..

• Like 2

Good news, talked to the bossman at Laurie Forestry in Timaru and he knew exactly what I was after but it got lost somewhere between him and the yard and I ended up with decking.. thank fuck, I thought maybe I had only thought what I said and not said it. Anywhoo Allan's gonna sort of for me.. by god they're good to deal with I thoroughly recommended them if you need mac, quality product, quality service..

In other photographic news, plaster..

IMAG3296_zpsfyat89hz.jpg

IMAG3295_zpsokn0d0dx.jpg

IMAG3298_zpsvcrjt7yl.jpg

Freshly topcoated, and my it smells good..

Ready to sand,

IMAG3297_zpstaqqusiv.jpg

IMAG3299_zpsfkdred83.jpg

IMAG3300_zpsxes74mni.jpg

IMAG3304_zpsu6gpjzr7.jpg

IMAG3306_zpsjgqa4pos.jpg

IMAG3307_zpsirdi7r46.jpg

She's getting closer and closer.. booked the sparky to come back and do his fitout, gonna ring the floor sander tomorrow and hopefully start painting this week..

• Like 5

This weekends effort..

IMAG3311_zpsmaupvvoq.jpg

Didn't really start putting any on till almost lunch time yesterday, was busy trying to clean up plaster dust and wood shavings from the architraves round the windows in the bedrooms. Coz we had to push the windows out 15-20mm I had to put a cunt of a little fillet in between the arcs and the window reveal, did I say it was a cunt.. it was, done now tho. Bit of painting going on inside too..

• Like 6