Yetchh's Redzone Relocation..

yetchh

Ok.. so it seems now pb is working I'll have to go back and edit that other post, but for now...

Spent the last few days putting up the soffits, did them out of grooved bandsawn shadowclad so as to match the final cladding..

IMAG3028_zpsnwjbbh9i.jpg

And a bit of under floor insulation,

IMAG3048_zpsuv1q2gnq.jpg

Cleans it up a bit under there, also bought and installed a fuck off 200x200 Mac post... just to prop up that huge ridge beam and really heavy decromastic tiles..

IMAG3025_zpslmzlgsu3.jpg

IMAG3045_zpslmy13zit.jpg

Chippie came over to check my work and reckoned a couple of nail plates would be good to hold it, I went for bolts..

IMAG3040_zpsw4eqb04i.jpg

So far so good, will finish the porch soffits tomorrow and start some other shit..

• Like 9

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a bit done in the last couple of days, chopped the over hanging secondary bearers back to the line of the ecoply ready for the cavity battens, had a guy come over to look at where the gas califont was going and bam

IMAG3087_zpsqw43e9rh.jpg

ended up running all the gas lines ready to plumb up the heater and burner.. legend, thanks Luke.. didn't expect it so quick

Got some holes filled in the floor

IMAG3073_zpsqudbq9aw.jpg

IMAG3071_zpswzjnojhi.jpg

The repair boards generally sit about 2-3mm higher than the rest but I'm sanding the whole floor anyway..

Nice to look under the house and see a bunch of plumbing and shit, spent so long with nothing there.. brings a tear to me eye..

IMAG3070_zpslof4tivw.jpg

It's also been completely insulated under there thanks to my mum and F-inlaw

Here's my electrical plan..

IMAG3088_zpsof8kw5ed.jpg

Spent the afternoon finishing off the last of the wiring, just the califont to send power to and run the controller cable and then, bar the front door, I think I'm ready for a preline inspection

Wire shotz

IMAG3085_zpsidqin6wm.jpg

Got a bit hard to pull wires through at the end..

IMAG3084_zps6b31klwc.jpg

Everyone loves wire shotz..

Plumber and drain layers come back Saturday to finish the storm water and sewer, then that's also ready to inspect.. good times..

• Like 8

A little more progress,

Pulled up the shit bits of the bathroom floor and started filling the hole, cunts had cut holes everywhere..

IMAG3089_zps3fgyl5mw.jpg

Had to go buy another front door as the one we got for 15 bucks wasn't gonna cut it, got a cedar for from the pumphouse for 120, needs a little repair work around the bottom outside corners and it's obviously from a wonky house as there was a 10mm wedge filllet on the top and the same amount taken off the bottom, anyone know where I can get bits of red cedar? Anyway, sanded oiled and hung it..

IMAG3092_zpsfvh0gayr.jpg

IMAG3091_zps0iumczcg.jpg

Not sure if it's gonna match macrocarpa.. we'll see I guess.

Also applied for some council inspections, subfloor, sub drainage, drainage and preline.. digits crossed..

• Like 4

Drainage was finished on Sat, forgot to mention that.. power went up the pole today, 180A 3ph.. should be good

IMAG3103_zpsiikijilw.jpg

Another couple of weeks before they come out and inspect/test/ connect it all, but nearly there.

IMAG3105_zpskjvukqzn.jpg

Shit shot of meter box with fuses ready for a meter.

Inspections booked for Wednesday, for some reason there was a section 37 on my place which means construction stops including inspections, then for some reason it had lapsed.. something to do with resource consent..

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Might start my own excavation business..

IMAG3124_zpstc2byydf.jpg

Had to move a bit of dirt to fill in the trenches round the back, ended up being the quickest way to do it..

Put the first of the battens on this arvo,

IMAG3126_zps7pi1egsm.jpg

Not sure if you can see it but goddamn this house is wobbly..

IMAG3127_zpss6gtdyl0.jpg

Gonna be a bit of packing and shaving going on.

In other news, failed my preline last week.. needed a ps4 for the beam in the lounge which is fair enough, but he didn't seem to understand the bracing elements, on the plan it clearly states that the existing gib is to remain and if removed to be replaced with 13mm braceline and nailed in accordance with gs1/n requirements, the bracing plan just shows which walls of relined, need to comply. He didn't get that, said I needed to talk with someone more senior. Had my subfloor inspection confused with a firewall inspection and then didn't do the subfloor even after I corrected him. Passed the sewer tho.. hopefully power goes in on the 13th..

• Like 3

Bam..

IMAG3150_zps9qx5v5m0.jpg

Now I just need a power point..

Got 95% of the battens finished on the weekend, had a bit of a fuckaround Sunday tho with my head not working and making a couple of mistakes, easily rectified but just time consuming.

IMAG3152_zpselk054gf.jpg

IMAG3154_zpsu2v17nmm.jpg

Also started nogging/packing out for the bottom batten and closer, for anyone wanting to do a 45mm structural cavity I used Herman Pacific V5 cavity battens and redway 45mm PC cavity closers. HP specified 12g stainless screws which turns out not many stock, the only ones blacks had were 100mm.. won't be coming off in a hurry, but they also snap if you give them to much guts with the driver.

Shot of the cavity closer on..

IMAG3153_zpsefkxnjiy.jpg

Another 42m to go.. also need to level the section a bit more, there's a bloke on the corner two houses down that has a couple of old tractors he burns around the streets on (and in the Santa parade) he leveled another neighbours section so I might hit him up and see if he wants to do mine.. need to plant grass, the dust/and blowing around the place is killing me..

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Haha, cheers bro.. It was good I got the same inspector, he already knew what the deal was. I was dreading getting some old council Barry that knew everything..

Feels good tho.. means a fair bit of progress should ensue in the next few weeks.

Got some gib this morning, thought I might get a bit on..

IMAG3206_zpspvnwijwv.jpg

the ceiling had other ideas. Spent the whole day and most of the evening trying to straighten it, fuck me it's bad. Had to do a fair few cut and wedge to get the bows out, and a shit ton of planning. Some of it was about 20mm out over 2m.. kinda got there in the end, got sick of looking up and planning.. luckily it's only a 2.4 stud so I could do it without a ladder

This was one of the worst areas, should have taken a before shot..

IMAG3208_zpsjm9es78z.jpg

First sheet on about 7pm .. bro in law was like 'get a lifter, resisted for a bit before I caved.. fuck they make it easy.

IMAG3212_zps9wuhq9bs.jpg

Finished about 930.. would have been faster, but the ceiling says no..

IMAG3213_zpsb5dzveh9.jpg

Now this really is a milestone, first time since about June '11..  bit of a christening..

IMAG3214_zpsvux6tf9t.jpg

Hopefully by this time tomorrow we'll have all the gib up.. then onto the cladding, super fun times..

• Like 9

On 09/03/2017 at 19:26, Born Loser said:

Matthew Rimmington couldve been swayed to sign off with a certain sexuak favour im sure.

Congrats dude

That is so immature.

I saw that name, and instantly thought the same more or less. 

Good shit.

Bit of wall lining and it will start to resemble a house quick snap!

• Like 2