Anyone in Christchurch able to look at a GTR for me?

dave123456789

Hi guys,

I know its not oldschool but I am looking at buying a 1994 Nissan Skyline GTR from down in Christchurch, only issue is I am up in Auckland.

Anyone able to have a look at the car for me? Go for a ride along with the owner and make sure it is actually not a lemon? I am mainly after any mechanical issues or rust. I will pay you for your time if you can take some notes and actually send through some info regarding the quality of the car. The owner has been very cooperative with me so I do not doubt his claims but I have been burned before.

Thanks in advance.

Places to look on 32's are the typical as well as a few specific areas

1, the rear wheel arches, due to design and catchment issues the arches can rott from even the top section.

2, the spare wheel well and the number plate area in the boot, water creeps and fucks both at the same time.

3, fire-wall, the seam (where the upper and lower sections meet and the ID tags are) and around the hinges and windscreen.

Probably more places to check with the hicas and added other bits and or pieces.

• Like 2

Thanks Kyteler, I have PM'd Governorsam so will see how that goes.

Car is completely stock so there isnt any half arse mods on it

Fingers crossed shes a good one. Ill bring that home then probably sell the evo and spend the money from that on the Prince and probably a some extra ponys for the skyline.

• Like 1

there are lots of these around that have had substantial rust repairs, because they are still worth good $, anything else would be scrapped/not bother importing it

id be looking for one that hasnt had a layer of underseal sprayed on the underside.

i went through a stage of averaging 2 a week for a while, out of 10 cars, 2 would be mint low kms ones, and the rest would be varying stages of dicked. as mentioned, sills, rear 1/4s, chassis ect all suffer. Quite a few had repair certs, underbody sandblasted and undersealed, but still had rusty bits/small holes or scaly rust on the bits that the sandblaster missed... to me they looked like a disaster waiting to happen

• Like 4

Governorsam was most helpful and as he's a gc he wouldn't accept my dollars for his time and wanted it to be donated to the Chris American fund and have done so.

Yea car wasnt quite what I was after, I do agree seems like a good deal and seller did text me today saying some purchased it. I'm going to just spend the extra for a better example. Looking at two today in Auckland which are 3-6k more expensive but depending on issues probably cheaper in the long run.

The search continues.

• Like 4

If its going to be interesting then go for it  :-)

This section is a privilege for contributing oldschool members who share their old cars but may also have other interesting projects (think racecars, retro machinery, cool engineering etc) however, we don't really need to see every members boring daily so use some common sense please guys!