Shifter's 51 Pontiac Chieftain talky stuff

Shifter

SBC is sweet and a fucktonne cheaper than rebuilding a BOP motor. Who did the work? I recognise Lee's 51 Vicky up on the hoist in the second bunch of photos?

From memory the work done on his car was a bit fucked up too (like the master cylinder was installed under the floor but no way to fill the master cylinder without taking it off)

SBC is sweet and a fucktonne cheaper than rebuilding a BOP motor. Who did the work? I recognise Lee's 51 Vicky up on the hoist in the second bunch of photos?

From memory the work done on his car was a bit fucked up too (like the master cylinder was installed under the floor but no way to fill the master cylinder without taking it off)

Those pics are at Valley Custom. So that was where it was getting made better!

My master cylinder is under the car too as a side note, but yeah, remote reservoirs. 

My excuse with the SBC is that all the Canadian versions ran them OE. I'm so CDM.

• Like 1

Fuck yes, nice car man. Glad you stuck at it, I'm sure you are not the first to screwed by Cowboys who promise the world.

Cheers man. It's my fault really for not having the skills to do the work myself, opens the door to that kind of stuff.

Was pretty dark on the car for a while but a couple of years of driving fixed that.

Bad arse bro! Very cool.

Murray and Chris at VC are good guys and know there shit! Used Chris as a sounding board for a bit of stuff on the 64 dude knows his stuff!

Yeah man, good people. Can honestly say that without them this car would have been an unfinished project on trademe.

Your 64 is awesome by the way. Cheers.

Yeah man, good people. Can honestly say that without them this car would have been an unfinished project on trademe.

Your 64 is awesome by the way. Cheers.

Cheers man,

Cool to see someone doing a ponti over the regular chev as well!

Will look sweet with bags in it!

Keep at it man

Too cool man, rad shape and good to hear its in good hands.

If it were me I wouldn't fuck around bagging it without a hefty notch, bridge and 4 link. It'll likely be as much work as getting a bit of extra low, and you've already done the open drive conversion ( Im assuming this was torque tube like the chevs)

itll be a matter of raising tunnel a bit, making small tunnels for upper 4 links bars and chopping the boot up for the bridge. If you don't it'll always piss you off that it doesn't sit right down. And you don't want to spend that money twice. And Im sure they've bagged jag front ends aswell.

Ive used Gambino 4 links twice now, just put one in my 38 and its good gear, cheap and goes straight in. But Murray and Chris know the drill on these and may have better options.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Too cool man, rad shape and good to hear its in good hands.

If it were me I wouldn't fuck around bagging it without a hefty notch, bridge and 4 link. It'll likely be as much work as getting a bit of extra low, and you've already done the open drive conversion ( Im assuming this was torque tube like the chevs)

itll be a matter of raising tunnel a bit, making small tunnels for upper 4 links bars and chopping the boot up for the bridge. If you don't it'll always piss you off that it doesn't sit right down. And you don't want to spend that money twice. And Im sure they've bagged jag front ends aswell.

Ive used Gambino 4 links twice now, just put one in my 38 and its good gear, cheap and goes straight in. But Murray and Chris know the drill on these and may have better options.

Hey man. Thanks for the suggestions, sorry didn't see this till now.

Yeah fair point. Will sort a plan of attack properly when I'm a bit closer to being able to afford the parts. The Ponty chassis is very different to the Chevs and I'm told there's a fair bit more kick up at the back. Also the boot has been raised for the Jag IRS cage that was in the original plan. No torque tube in these. But yeah, a lot of hassle to go to if it doesn't sit low enough. There's a few cars I know of running bags in Jag IFS (inc one of Murray's) and as I understand it, it's a fairly straight forward install there.

It'll look a heap better lower!

• 7 months later...