Sorensin

Bugger, feels, I found the prices at ironman (?) recyclers on whakatiki Street upper hutt pretty reasonable. Way cheaper than new, but still probably a bit more than you want to spend lol.

Booted up that raspberry Pi yet?

Would prefer to use the same wood throughout the build but thanks

No, today is crappy outside so might have a go at it soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Some progress

natnfsfp.u52.jpg

Cut some angles into the front panels so they could fit nicely onto the frame

f0raiq5v.wzv.jpg

Trimmed up the sides so they sat flush with the outside of the fame

ls1yao0r.hup.jpg

With the front pieces all fitting nicely on the frame i decided i would stain them to get them ready to be attached permanently 

rmq21aqu.eyo.jpg

The stain made the wood look so good, I really wish i took a proper before and after picture, I'll try remember to do this when I some of the larger pieces.

Also to note with the progress I used the large top piece I glued the mdf on the wrong side of to make one of the front pieces and I have remade the other top side piece.

• 3 months later...

Progress picture - sanded back the bottom panel to apply another coat of floor treatment.

gmasvzp1.2r4.jpg

Marked out where the frame sits against the side pieces so the screws go into the right place.

22muuyuw.yoy.jpg

i1ysuwxk.h2t.jpg

Installed hinges on the top front piece on the base unit of the cabinet

Inside this compartment I will install controls to change what device is being run, the amp/speaker controls and a power kill switch

ibqgp0az.zg0.jpg

Working on the control board some more, apart from the one button that was missing wired up all the buttons and joysticks.

Picked up a 28" lcd moniter at the boxing day sales, hoping to test out the jamma units and contols just sitting on the coffee table.

Turns out that jamma puts out such a low resolution picture a lcd moniter can't load it.  

After a bit of research online I can run a cga to vga converter which I have orderd along with some spare buttons for the cabinet.

Also playing around with a raspberry pie which I will attempting to run in the cabinet as well.

kh4r5l2u.5u2.jpg
huoxyuzi.int.jpg
2mac3pvs.bks.jpg
md1paq2e.foi.jpg

• Like 7

• 1 month later...