Possible vehicle storage, auckland. ...

Seedy Al

So long story short, there is a Toyota crown in whangarei that is well rusty, but is reg on hold and has a bench seat abd column auto which I want. Its a none runner tho, and fear the shipping of getting it to Wellington might be a bit much.

So was wondering if someone had a spare bit of land I could get the car shipped to, and then come up at a later date and strip everything I need out of it.

Any help or suggestions would be cool! Thanks pals.

Allan

• Like 1

The guy i lived with in auckland had a family farm up that way i went there a few times. Had plenty of clapped out tractors laying around i could ask him if a crown could be added to the lawn ornaments. Only thing would be is it would be exposed to the elements. But if you were stuck id be happy to ask/ go on a roady to strip the car be a good excuse to catch up with them. 

Haulplus/car distribution group which I used to get the gloria say 560 from whangarei to welly (not sure if they do non runners tho). Balance that against the cost of getting yourself up there, the bits you need back here, and then rid of the rest..... (not saying it's worth it, just that I was surprised how cheap it was to move cars around the country)

Alright. Thanks to everyone that has offered up land storage.

However I have been doing alot of thinking and have decided it might be better if I have the whole vehicle down here for a bunch of reasons. But mega thanks to sentra dave and dehnem!

But. This opens up a new can of worms. The crown is a none runner, so that takes out haul plus as an option. Toll can move it from auckland to Wellington for a decent price, but they have no trucks that go up that way, so they are going to call round and try find someone.

However, I was wondering if someone with a car trailer and a tow vehicle might be interested in getting a bit of cash for making a trip to whangarei and back to toll in Auckland? Clearly I would forever be in your dept if such a fine fellow did exist.