oldrx7's 1977 Mazda 929 wagon - Discussions

oldrx7

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been for sale for a while huh? Sure he wished me luck on the sale of my coupe back in '13'.. anyway had two wagons once, fucken loved the second one.. 1st one only lasted a year after I got it then all the bog fell out. 

I would have got it off the person who bought it off that guy.  The couple who I bought it off had owned it about 18 months.

Each time it has been advertised it sits on trademe a while.  Been down south I think stopped a lot of potential buyers,  plus being a 929 wagon too haha.

Rad! I forgot to check this thing out last month so will make an effort at burger meet to have a nosy if you bring it along again!

Cant drive the damn thing for another week or two, so won't be at the burger boes this month.  Next month for sure though

I would have got it off the person who bought it off that guy.  The couple who I bought it off had owned it about 18 months.

Each time it has been advertised it sits on trademe a while.  Been down south I think stopped a lot of potential buyers,  plus being a 929 wagon too haha.

Why did they sell? Decided to go down the dx rota road?

• 2 weeks later...

True true, keep an eye out.  Funnily enough there were some Mk2's for sale on trademe.

But I think I'd rather get one set done right, rather than keep accumulating wheels that all need a little bit of work.

I've got the wheels it came with, I've got some Tridens, plus the XR4's.  

I think going 7" wide on the front and 8" on the back should look pretty decent

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks man, would probably swap it for your rx2 if you want haha

This is the 26 spline one out of a Series 3 rx7, and got it for $500, but getting some 24 spline side gears from MSF racing so it's going to be a bolt in job.  will probably owe me about $8-900 by the time it's done, thought about a b1600 type upgrade, but I'd end up spending about the same and meh, fairly sure it'll be strong enough, not really going for huge wide max grip tyres on this anyways. 

When I had my 808 (2007) I bought a drum to drum 24 spline lsd for $1000, pretty sure they'd still be the same-ish price? 

Rx2 one has the 45 degree ramps in it so an aftermarket mazda unit , God damn are they fun with the brap pedal down. Funny how worth the same dollars as ten years ago

Get those wheels widened up , rx4 seem to have big wheel arches

• Like 1

ah nice, could be a bit more aggressive than a factory one then!

yep wheels is next on the list once the diff is done, gotta little more $ to save up before il send them away ,

is your rx2 on the road? getting to any of the events this summer?

• 1 month later...