oldrx7's 1977 Mazda 929 wagon - Discussions

oldrx7

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately not.  I'm off to Japan on the 2nd-14th Feb for a snow holiday so I miss two of the best summer event's that I'd want to go to.

Next year for sure though.  Planing to be at Nats in Featherston with this though.

• 2 months later...
21 hours ago, dx pwr said:

Wicked wagon man I'm currently building my own few years off looking like yours but its goof to see there's still a few of these around !!

Thanks man!  i can't take credit for most of the hard work that was put into it, but its had some love over the years.

Get a build thread going for your one bro :)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Double check those tie rod ends are right.  Are they even locking into the taper? It looks as though there's a massive step on them instead of a gentle taper so they may not even be going far enough into the knuckle? 

Could just be me looking at a tiny screen on my phone though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kyteler said:

Double check those tie rod ends are right.  Are they even locking into the taper? It looks as though there's a massive step on them instead of a gentle taper so they may not even be going far enough into the knuckle? 

Could just be me looking at a tiny screen on my phone though. 

1 hour ago, yetchh said:

Ball joint looks substantially different from the original.. 

I've had a decent look at them - was thinking the same as you both that the taper looks different.  They sit nicely in the knuckle though.  Annoyingly they're the same part number (different brand though) so if you both are right may have to look at replacing them.