Karls (again... doh) - 1981 ex lancer 1800se of MCA Jet Awesomeness

- i5oogt -

I didn't really need another car. I was pretty set to pass on owning it due to already having a moderate to large fleet of broken down shitters, impending surgery and another child being due in the coming months.

With sitting for so long. it needed a bit of recommissioning work. due to not having alot of time at the moment due to some of the above things I was going to throw it under a tarp and forget about it for a few months.

Dan (DPNS) - a mega GC was not overly keen on this happening. Since his project is currently on hold decided that he would take the lancer and get it running.

this was relatively uneventful. the hardest part of it being that the fuel tank was blocked. I took it to the radiator shop to have it steam cleaned. Turned out it had rusted out inside and blocked the outlet from sitting with fuel in it for so long.

It took a wee bit of messaging and calling people to find a tank. i eventually found one through a friend of a friend of a friend

received_10210029643641482.jpeg

Dan installed it then drove it around to mine. next up I need to do a full oil/coolant etc service, replace the super crunchy rad hoses and attempt a wof.

• Like 4

picture-less update....

spent some time on this tonight with datto_610 aka de-greg

stripped the cooling system and cleaned.

replaced rad hoses, coolant, thermostat,spark plugs and air filter. 

just an oil change left to go now. and probably a brake fluid change too, then wof time

• 2 years later...