Gross 80s Camper Trailer Build.

Threeonthetree

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Denham... If you make it so the legs mount back on the bottom if the truck, you can keep the while thing off the ground except the wheels, so def no snakes then... And you can just move it a bit if you want to reposition during the day.

That's what the big off road teardops do, all awnings and things clip backnonto the teardrop, not the ground.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Put the camper back on the trailer for new year since I wanted use of the truck. Had to make a goose neck extension to lengthen and lift the tow ball height to make it sit level on the chev since it's so tall I'll post some pics sometime of it. Went to arapuni camp ground for new year in it. Only photo I took of the camper was when it was packed up lol 

still love it to bits! 

image_1.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, I am now the current OS custodian of the communal camping trailer. Its going to get a little bit of love, a new window and zip will soon be sewed in, and I've whipped the axle out for a de-scaling and a paint. The rest of it is in pretty good nick.

I may change the ply sheets that form the bed areas, as they are a bit bent from age/poor English design, but i'll see how we go. 

I'm toying with the idea of putting a removable/temporary tow bar on the 86 for period correct camping, as the trailer is very light.   

Pretty excited about getting my camp on.

Regards, VG.

• Like 6

• 6 years later...

Sooooo I purchased this thing 6 years ago, and have never used it. I had the damaged window replaced, and a new zipper put in the front door, put new wheel bearings and seals on both sides, and made the hitch dropper less grot. I also made a new spear wheel mount. If anyone's interested in buying it, slide into my DM's. 

• Like 1