Gx71 BC Golds

SlipperyGX71

The ones sold on trademe / redline are welded directly to the stub axle aren't they? Which is strange when you can get them unwelded overseas.

you could buy them both ways, but as far as i know they were only going to stock the weld it yourself ones for the last few years.

the instructions that comes with them say to weld it straight to the cast bit, i know of at least one that broke when done like that

I had mine done by Surfab, he did them the exact same as Freshs GX71 and a few other ones over the years. This was the first time he had a problem with it.

Hmmm thats not a great sign for me then as i was planning on getting in touch with Surfab to get mine done... and im guessing it was being certed at Christchurch?

Just had a look on Freshs Build thread to see how his were done and it looks like they weren't plug welded maybe this could be why?

2sdvzgiw.nrz.jpg

(picture from his thread)

But this is from 2012

I had mine done by Surfab, he did them the exact same as Freshs GX71 and a few other ones over the years. This was the first time he had a problem with it.

Another example of our cert systems shining consistency.

Thankfully, I have Clint approval so I will run with it.

• Like 1