Ghost

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Not very good at finishing projects, thought I better take it for a quick drive today though..

Still to do:

• Fix RH Rear camber issue
  • Wheel alignment
  • Get wipers working (amazing British Leyland era Lucas cable wiper system and it appears they built the car around it)
  • Sort out carb tune
  • Repair broken trim

Then it should be time to try and get a WOF!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Getting closer now, almost ready!

Of course the more you look at something the more issues you find/remember..

Still to do:

• Fix RH Rear camber issue (Had a bracket installed the wrong way around, woops)
  • Wheel alignment
  • Get wipers working
  • Sort out carb tune
  • Repair broken trim
  • Gearbox shift linkage
  • Engine belts

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Finally got around to taking it through a WOF, passed everything except the rear drum brakes - imbalanced.

5a7014e084b1f_IMG_20180127_085948-Copy.thumb.jpg.7aa420c46a8c6da4e6eb4a6385ecd157.jpg

Upon further inspection we found that the only shoe that was working (cylinder half seized) was attempting to grip onto oil covered drums (the grip coming from the dried up oil I guess).

It's times like these when you realise you are working on a incredibly rare car, made of parts from another car that was produced in a country that no longer exists..

Thankfully it is a pretty basic system, parts are on the way so should finally get a WOF in a week or so!

5a7014d59579c_IMG_20180129_175449-Copy.thumb.jpg.56eb8946f15ba9ae9094fa73877d0463.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Can't believe how good it looks takes me back I use to build those cars I was the trimmer and a made quiet a few parts for the car ! Yes the dash was out of a camria they gave trouble from the start door handles etc were mirage . Car looks great keep up the good work Wayne maisey 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1