• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Well now ya mention it.....

Few bags of dry ice in the floor wells and let it sit.

The sealer and glue etc goes super hard and brittle. So pair safety glasses and a welders flux chipping hammer and good wire brush.

that legs gonna feel worse before it feels any better mate.

never have a fight with a power tool they always win lol.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cheers @jamie_nz, front shock mounts have yet to be done, the chap that did the floor pans has just done some remedial work on a 62 Impala that failed a cert and one of the things it failed on was the front shock mounts so hopefully I can pick his brain about them. 

Im running slam bags, RE-6 in the front and RE-7 in the rear. It's a very basic system. And due to the fact that it came with a 7 switch switch-box which had individual wheel control I've ended up wiring it up through relays so that i only  have front up/down, rear up/down and all up/down which will be sweet for cert. 

got most of the interior in tonight. And have fixed the air leaks I was having problems with. But in doing so I have introduced another leak haha. Luckily it's a nice easy fix. 

Like me I said before make sure you put a build thread up when you get the car! 

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers man. Everything has lock washers (except the air tank, so will see if I can remedy that tomorrow) 

im taking the car to work tomorrow so I can put it up on a hoist to give it a once over, and so it can have the wheel alignment for the cert done. 

Many nerves about the cert now haha

Cheers man, Haha to be honest I couldn't get it to hop myself. And when Cletus did it I don't think the wheels left the ground, however he wanted it slowed down, so slowed down it will be. 

Managed to cross 3 things off the list tonight,

1. I fitted the lock washers to the lower front suspension arms (it never had any fitted so I never thought to put some on, maybe some one in the ol US of A decided they weren't necessary haha) 

2. I have secured the speakers (to be fair they were just sitting in the parcel tray, and I didn't even think about them haha) 

3. I have slowed the front down, I ended up pulling the front airline pushlock fittings out of the valve block T and put a restrictor into them, haven't had a chance to test it yet as I have another fitting out of the tank to use as a sample to get the airline fittings i need to do the external fill point but the Id of the restrictor is basically about M5 so will see how that goes 

should get 3 more crossed off tomorrow! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...