f100_dreamin

Bens 61 Belair talky talk.

71 posts in this topic

You can get 14x7's and they will fit sweet man,

Usually run 175/70R14's on them

Also go for reverse offset  :badgrin:  :badgrin:  haha then you get all the dish!

Only thing is if you want to run spats on the rear youll need to run a 6 or narrow your diff!

1 person likes this

did someone say reverse offset 13x7s with 155/80s??

Also, daaaaaaaam. Big fan of 61s!!

2 people like this

I do want to run spats so that maybe a deciding factor, plus the guy who is selling them on trademe is doing the 14x6 with tyres for the same $$ as the 15x8 with out tyres

Yeah id go 14s over 15s, anything bigger than 14s can look a bit funny. In wire wheels anyway.

1 person likes this

re ball joint boots I got some from ebay from hungary or somewhere - the seller was really good and was the only one that had good measurements, reccomended.

Only thing is they were yellow.

Will try to find linky

1 person likes this

theres some astro spremes sitting here, with your name on them, 

And a harty price tag

theres some astro spremes sitting here, with your name on them,

And a harty price tag

Details?????

Thanks Azzurro I'll check them out.

As much as I want supremes Al, missus wants 100 spokes and because it's technically her car it's also her say. Tom buy them for the 57 when you get it

1 person likes this

Cool wagon Ben, I've seen it on faceybook a few times. Looking good! (Its Ed from Woodbourne)

1 person likes this

Cheers Ed, should be a cool ride when it's done!! Got a fair bit of work to do before beach hop. Not exactly setting myself easy goals!

What are you building now?

Wonder if thats whats wrong with my fuel gauge, new sender and wiring but sits at half

Might have to whip out and send to robinsons. 

Yeah it's possible. Fuel gauges are a simple circuit. Should have constant 12v into the back of the gauge, check you have continuity between the signal wire at the back of the gauge and the sender unit terminal, also check that the wire isn't shorted to ground (although that in theory would show a full tank), and lastly check that the sender unit is actually earthed out. if all those checks come back sweet then try connecting constant 12v to the gauge and then connect the signal direct to earth, this should make the gauge go to full. If it doesn't then it points to the gauge.

Cool project

Ive got a new telescopic rear driveshaft and poly carrier bearing for a 59-64 if you need it ( to stop carrier flogging out when low ). I got it for a pontiac but no fit. Message me if youre keen.

Blair

1 person likes this