Bens 61 Belair talky talk.

f100_dreamin

Good work getting it certed before BH. It must be the busiest time of the year for LVVTA I reckon.

According to the entry guff, the popo are going to be hard on illegal cars again, so watch out if you can adjust the height while driving.

• Like 1

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

If going v8 in this thing 

my idea would be to LS conversion it 

can get the kits from the U.S. 

plus turn key driver

fuel efficient 

low maintenance

And more power.

Also don't you work with Tom at holden?

so could end up with a good deal on a motor too 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 13/11/2017 at 17:53, lowlife said:

Cool car bro!!!! Is that on factory bump stops when at max slam? If so how far is Chassis off ground at max slam?

@lowlife this thing eats bump stop, am on the third set already, with new bump stops the chassis sits about 20mm off the ground, when they fuck out it lays the front of the chassis on the ground

On 30/05/2018 at 18:36, Dirty_Safari said:

Cool thread, sweet car man. Love the '61 styling. Kudos

Cheers @Dirty_Safari, yeah I love the little things on this shape aye. Like the little rear duckbill spoiler thing, saw a pillar less 4 door impala a while back and the pillar less doesn’t have it, so it’s like a bonus point for going post sedan haha

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Yip, love the 4 doors too. I think it's because a couple mates had them 20 odd years ago and we'd road trip everywhere in them. Even back then they were flash cars...spent every cent they had making them look cool. Immaculate panel and paint, 350 motors...high 13sec quater mile times.

Think that's why I ended up with the 4 door too. There were cheaper 2 doors around...but I just had to get 4 door as i find the shape more appealing. Plus "4 doors, more whores" as they say:)

1049.thumb.jpeg.1540c6816b13536d5546bdec07e933b2.jpeg

Question: the hoist...what thickness concrete. Any issues with that expansion cut next to the post? It's seriously my next thing I want.

36 minutes ago, f100_dreamin said:

The concrete was right on the 120mm thickness which is the minimum for the hoist, yeah the expansion cuts dictated that the hoist is slightly offset to the garage door as the posts had to be 100mm from them. 

I'm pretty sure that my floor is only 100mm with steel reinforced concrete. Think I'm fucked here...might have to cut out a section and reinstate it, but thicker.