Bens 1961 Belair.

So this happened, 

6F94A3DB-8DA4-4328-A168-1E5C4E6365B3_zps

nothing too major, and the smaller parts of the list should be done by the end of the week, leaving only sorting the rear airbags fouling on the diff/ brake line, 

and reworking the front shock mounts should sort 3 of the issues on the list, 

Guess there is a few more late nights and weekends in the garage, 

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

Added this sticker: 

8EFB9988-7923-4732-8CC0-350EC18AB8B7_zps

Drove about 300 miles in preparation for beach hop, car ran flawlessly, drove to beach hop, car ran great again, 

after being here for a day or so, the want for a V8 has increased substantially, so watch this space once the weather is consistently bad enough for me to justify taking the car off the road until next summer, 

• Like 6

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

So I’m going to start doing some things to this to make this more driveable for the wife, 

first step is front brake upgrade to boosted discs, 

To that end I’ve purchased a CPP kit from Chucks restoration, I looked at bringing a kit direct from the states myself but because I’ve bought a fair amount of stuff from Chucks they gave me a good discount which made it cheaper than brining it in myself, plus they had it on the shelf so win win, 

43670405620_2befed3559_b.jpg

It includes everything to swap over onto my factory spindles, I could’ve got a kit that with 2” drop spindles, however that would’ve meant to get a reasonable ride height I would have had to run higher psi in the bags which would’ve made the ride quality rubbish. 

So that will be this weeks mission,

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...