GreenTC's 1979 Honda NC50 with Boso Pipe Brilliance

GreenTC

Hi Guys, 

Rather than hijacking a thread I thought I'd post up here. 

It all started when I saw this for sale on Facebook whilst drunk:

BnxZphX.jpg

The price was $400. Live plates, 70cc kit, running and driving, rooted lights long exhaust. 

A mate and I had to have it. We split it $200 each and picked it up. 

First mod was to put a pod filter on the carb as it was using a bit of Chux cloth and a cable tie for filtration. 

ZAkJ07v.jpg

Unfortunately every bulb in the thing is blown, I've been told by the OSGC's that I should check the battery and grounds first and then replace all the bulbs and see what happens.  

Wiring and electrics are not my strong suit, but the plan is to get at least the headlight and tail light working. I'm thinking about running just the headlight and a single LED tail light/brake light (Hella or simmilar). I know the Hella lamps are supposed to work on 9 - 33 volts, are there any similar ones that run on 6 volt power? 

After that all it should need is a number plate bracket and I'll be 2 stroking around in no time. 

• Like 3

Started off with a battery test.

w21t0uo.jpg

I'll get a replacement under way as well as new bulbs all round.

Does anyone know if not running rear indicators will break the circuit? Or can I run whatever lights I want and just leave the other wires unplugged with no problems?

Sorry for the noob questions, I'm electronically ignorant.

The bike came with another set of handlebars that don't have the inbuilt indicator mounts. So I'll swap to those and get rid of the front indicators. I have never had the rear indicators and I can't be arsed sourcing or fitting any. And with none at all it's more convincing to the cops that it's OE spec.

Not that the exhaust is legal anyway.

New battery has arrived for a grand total of $32. Battery Bill in Papatoetoe sorted me out.

NWo2Foc.jpg

Now to replace all of the blown bulbs and see what happens.

C9X4JIH.jpg

Also the drive case has sprung a big oil leak, but nothing a bit of RTV won't fix.

• Like 2