maxpower 1936 stewart beater pick up

MaxPower

its a colonial cab, no motor. quite complete. 

old guy died and son didn't want it. shed was full of choice shit thats getting thrown out.

has ugly 'aftermarket' front and rear screens, found two old brass front window frames in the shed so il make a new front one

uoaxtpi0.seu.jpg

• Like 3

my father in law has 3 nice stewart pick-ups, guess he didn't want 4. he also has a few spares i may have to raid. these things are pretty hard to come by he reckons and thinks there are probably only 20 in nz.

plans are to sand bast everything and get it on the rd as a beater, with a flathead v8 and toyota 5 speed box,

its way too high though..

and it won't happen overnight.

• Like 3

I'm hoping I can put it back on the rd without too much hassle with the plates, rego and id plates, anyone know what issues i would have? 

I mean if i blast and prime it all , fix any rust taking heaps of photos along the way shouldn't be to much of a headache?

i don't want to have to fit seat belts and all that modern stuff

• Like 1

really don't like the front screen, theres room to put a bigger one in, on the back of the tray are two old brass framed front screens out of something early i found in the shed where i picked this thing up. I'm thinking i can use two of them to make one good one as they are quite narrow, but have a nice shape. look like model Y ford screens.

gca3m2r5.lo5.jpg

• Like 2

so who has an old stuffed planter box flathead v8 block for free\cheap?

someone should rescue those old flatheads from the airport in the left to rot thred and donate them to the cause.

are flatties all the same mounting pattern? 

• Like 1

will have to ask my f in law, he has a buddy stewart, i recall him saying in nz the colonial cab ones were fitted with all sorts from whoever the coachbulder was that built it, the cab on my truck was presumably built by some business in 1936 fitted with some engine and put to work, they would have started with just the firewall forward and the chassis I'm guessing, someone with more intelligence than me may be able to help as my knowledge on this old stuff is limited . cheers for the pic and link.

• 3 years later...