impact drivers/rattle guns - knowledge me up.

sheepers

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From experience I have had a few Ryobis (and i still do none of them have died) i even ran over one with a forklift problem is my staff kept stealing them to use on the boat while they are at sea.

they are pretty good band for buck you can have a working setup for under 400 bucks (The new ones have three speed/torque settings)

I have used Hitatchi which were smaller but seemed crazy grunty and i would have got if i had the spare cash..

It's not what you're after sheepers but I picked up a 12v corded impact driver a while ago.

Good for people who don't have an air compressor or don't want to fork out for a battery version, just hook it up to your car battery.

It works a lot slower but does a good job for cheap, think it was around $35 from bunnings, manufacturer claims 260nm

upload_-1.jpg

Anyone know where to get one of these? Is perfect for my needs as i just need a little one for jobs on my scooter.

Bunnings nz doesnt seem to have them listed and the aus site doesnt have a buy button on phone so i guess its out of stock.

Anyone know where to get one of these? Is perfect for my needs as i just need a little one for jobs on my scooter.

Bunnings nz doesnt seem to have them listed and the aus site doesnt have a buy button on phone so i guess its out of stock.

My flatmate picked one up from bunnings here in chch. They had them in stock.

Edit: just realised the one he got was mains powered.

I got a 240v ozito one.

I've never used a proper double hammer trade quality pneumatic one to compare it to. But it seems to do a good job.

What I do like about it, is that an extension cord is a lot less cumbersome than an air line. And while it makes a fierce racket while the trigger is down, you don't have to kerp your compressor running. So you can still hear the radio.

Other bonus is with it being 'lectric is forward and reverse are on the same trigger.

Mains powered probably works for me too, i'll go in and see what they have

Little bro and I had planned to go halves in an AEG cordless today but 360NM for $280 (plus battery/charger) lost out to Ozito corded at $70 with 450NM. They're definitely available in store despite not being on the Bunnings website.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I stumbled across a deal today for a milwaukee dugga dugga gun (skin only) for $378inc get. 

I'd have to save up for batteries and a charger, but it's still a fair smack cheaper than the $549 it seems to be everywhere else. Kicker is it finishes on Thurs.  I thought I'd bump this thread so the old school hive mind could talk me into, or out of buying one.

Where is the deal?

Deal for M18 battery (cheapest i've seen in a long time) and charger below is a good deal too, soon adds up, but would do the trick. Used my brushed M12 one today for doing up some bolts, so good. Not sure how long left on these weekly deals. http://www.thetoolshed.co.nz/Specials/Weekly-Ripper-Deals

FWIW, you would probably use one more than me, but I couldn't justify the cost for M18 gear. So I run a M12 one for odd jobs, and an air one for the big jobs. They have brushless M12 units too, which would beat mine. But i've used mine for jobs it's not designed for... no worries mayte.

edit: check these guys too https://www.hectorjones.co.nz/shop/powertools/cordless/milwaukee-cordless/m18/m18-bare-tools/m18-fastening.html

3 hours ago, RUNAMUCK said:

I stumbled across a deal today for a milwaukee dugga dugga gun (skin only) for $378inc get. 

I'd have to save up for batteries and a charger, but it's still a fair smack cheaper than the $549 it seems to be everywhere else. Kicker is it finishes on Thurs.  I thought I'd bump this thread so the old school hive mind could talk me into, or out of buying one.

Will 100% vouch for the Milwaukee impact guns.  Have been using the M18 3/4" high torque gun for a few months now for work.  (Commercial tyre fitter.)  I use it for 95% of the wheel nuts I touch, its not got quite as much grunt as the Ingersoll Rand 2145QiMax air impact gun. (But I ram 150psi into that so thats to be expected.)

I'm typically needing at least 500ft.lb torque to get wheel nuts undone.

I've also got the M18 1/2" medium torque impact gun, which I use all the time for 2 piece forklift wheels.  This thing is a dream and it's so easy and light to use.

Tips from experience, if you are going to use it all the time, spend the money and get the 9.0aH battery.  If you buy a kit, it's only $70(+gst) per battery to upgrade them from the 5.0aH if you buy through The Tool Shed.

I have also purchased some M12 stuff for personal home stuff as well.  Impact driver, multi-tool, led workshop light and led torch. In M18 I've also got a drill and angle grinder for home use.

Also, keep an eye on http://www.mymilwaukee.co.nz/ .  They have redemption offers where if you buy from a legit retailer (such as The Tool Shed) you can claim some free shit.  I got two M12 LED torches and an M12 4aH battery from this.

• Like 1