Group Steam Cleaner Hire - Anyone Keen?

So a while ago, myself and a bunch of OS folk hired a steam cleaner and we spent a day cleaning oily engine bays, with pretty decent results!

I'm keen to do something similar again if anyone is keen - usually the cost is around $130 for a day to hire a steam cleaner, and I guess the more people on board the better!

Would need an area to do it, my driveway is a bit cramped but a paddock or gravel or concreted area is fine and dandy.

Register interest, and if sufficient I'll look at a mid-August date pending availability of a place to go about business.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are going to own a car then a steam cleaner is a great investment for cleaning it. Small Karcher spec ones wont last for ever but they are fuking magic, mine was under $500. Nothing does interiors better than steam cleaning and microfibre cloths.

Yea man I assumed they mean a big ass hot water blaster thing. A regular steam cleaner will work the same magic on a engine bay with way more work but also more finesse, seen them work magic on real dirty baked on car exteriors (like barn find shit). Steam cleaners are the car retailers magic tool of choice after a good DA polisher. Anyway just some OT ramblings, carry on.

So a while ago, myself and a bunch of OS folk hired a steam cleaner and we spent a day cleaning oily engine bays, with pretty decent results!

Was that the time we cleaned our shit on Chris and Tara's lawn?

That was a good day. I cleaned my junk. 

Ling-ling had his AE86. 

We loled.

• Like 3

Yea man I assumed they mean a big ass hot water blaster thing. A regular steam cleaner will work the same magic on a engine bay with way more work but also more finesse, seen them work magic on real dirty baked on car exteriors (like barn find shit). Steam cleaners are the car retailers magic tool of choice after a good DA polisher. Anyway just some OT ramblings, carry on.

Yeah hot water blaster, they're the biz. 

Little steam cleaners are choice, but not up to 30 year old grease and sludge.

• Like 1