Matt & Laura's 1976 triumph 2.5tc

Wolf17

Bound to be a few Old School auto sparkies in Dunedin who know their way round Lucas starter motors, they were used on most British stuff through the '60s and '70s.  Reasonably easy to rebuild, plenty of parts around since variants were fitted to "collectible" cars like Jags, Minis and MGs.

Have a go yourself. Have you got a haynes manual? I fixed mine when I was a newbie. You can remove the solenoid and take it apart. it'll be all dry and sticky inside making it hard for it to move with enough speed/inertia to make a good contact across the poles.

Nice car. I like the colour. proper old car colour.

And MODGIES!!!!!  Swoon. :-)

• Like 2

The good thing with triumphs is everything craps out within the first few months of ownership. After that they are usually as reliable as a wood burning stove.... change the oil condenser and points and plugs and you will have a happy machine just dont do burnouts, they can do epic burnouts but your diff will reward you with throwing its spider gears at the worst possible time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Only had it too months but has been reliable so far the only problem was starter (still works just need a wack with a hammer sometimes) all the rest was human error from previous owner ... To think he is doing his apprenticeship that's scary , it doesn't light up very well with the 7inch tires on the back.

Triumph's will soon own this forum, solid work.

Let's band together with other British car owners to push out the influx of Japanese car enthusiasts to our secluded community.

Deal, I'll just take that red starlet you have and you can play with those British cars all you want :P

Love this.

How are you uploading your photos? If you upload them to an external site then link them to your post you can have much higher resolution.

Not really sure the best way to do it but we resize the pictures so their not huge then upload to tinypic.

What sort of external site would you recommend?

Triumph's will soon own this forum, solid work.

Let's band together with other British car owners to push out the influx of Japanese car enthusiasts to our secluded community.

Hahaha yes! Love British cars, this is the second in our collection and going to look at a morris next week to hopefully make it number 3. Only problem now is garage space is running out fast.

• 4 months later...

Hi, new here(Too be honest mainly joined to try and sell a 79  2500TC). Did you fix get another starter?. I have a running dereg(in system still) complete car that desperately needs new home/owner/driver??. Need the space and funds towards transport costs of another project. Unsure how contact is made in these forums(now I'm registered will be able to look around site)