Minimum cylinder wall thickness

Ja1lb8

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And heres my grinder , havnt sat the grinding head back on it yet. Had to remove it get the weight down, think it comes in just over 4t

And yes I know its a cylindrical grinder but its pretty easy to offset grind with these machines.

http://s249.photobucket.com/user/ja1lb8/media/20160625_101418.jpg.html

awesome stuff, out of curiosity as i have never seen it - offset grinding on these machines, do you do disconnect the leadscrew and connect a link bar from another rod journal, or do you have to make a plate with offset centers for each end of the crank to run it between centers? or some other magic? i have been thinking about doing it in a really shitty manner with offset center plate and a toolpost grinder..

This ones got the option of a chuck or face plate on either end. So just setup shaft off centre using the chucks. Only has to rotate slowly but may still need a counter weight to offset for vibration. I Have ground an offset shaft by fitting an adaptor over the ends with drilled centres before and in some ways i think that could be better because you can use a dead centre and shouldnt get any runout. Best ive seen was some barry when i was an apprentice turned up a 6cyl crank for a race car and left the steel on the ends till it was finish machined and ground and these had the centres drilled in either end

• Like 1