Striped spark plug thread please please.

SOHC

Is the head cast iron or aluminum?

Could you braze it up and run a thread cleaner down it. Might be enough if it's tinfoil bad

Head is alooominum, I reckon if i put grease on the tap I should be able to catch alot of the swaf and a blow out and a good hard rev will get rid of the rest. 

• Like 1

Get the correct helicoil repair kit and slather the tap in some thick grease for all the shavings to stick to, instead of falling into the cylinder, cleaning it off regularly and reapplying fresh grease. I may have one in my toolbox but I'm all the way down in Wellington sorry.

If the motor was mega dollar or in really good condition and didn't want to risk it then pull the head. Otherwise if you get a few bits falling into the cylinder then they'll burn up pretty quickly once its running.

Big whoop.

http://www.waihyd.co.nz/thread-insert-repair-kits-spark-plug-xidg60967.html

• Like 3

I couldn't find any JB weld when it came to fixing up the grooves in the sealing surface of the washing machine shaft. Had no access to machines so I couldn't turn up a sleeve and run a bigger seal either. Just got the hardest general epoxy I could find and it seems to be holding up half a year later (machine is 14 years old or something)

• 4 weeks later...