Striped spark plug thread please please.

SOHC

How bad is the chuffing? A little is normal because plugs don't seal off the thread, they seal off the washer

Its the lack of thread that is causing the plug to just wobble round in the hole and not tighten, its very bad.

I have rung all the pars places and they don't sell any form of thread repair kit .

I have been looking on the internet and there are some very good loking kits called sleeve repair kits where the cutter has a spigot to help get it straight and then you use the sparkplug to wind in the insert.

I bet there is no hope of getting one in this shitty old town? 

Dude, save your self a load of grief and drive it into Taylor Automotive. They're not the cheapest but they do this all the time, will be bout the same price as a kit and they will wind in a solid coil or such with the head still in place. 

Unless someone knows another good engine reconditioner locally? I used to use Taylors when I was spannering Jags in Auck several years ago.

• Like 1

I had all the spark plugs helicoiled on my gsxr 250 15 years ago by panmure motorcycles. head stayed on and its still going i know its a bike shop but they're work has stood test of time for me a car would be 20x easier than my bike was, worth a try bet they would do it.

• Like 2

I had all the spark plugs helicoiled on my gsxr 250 15 years ago by panmure motorcycles. head stayed on and its still going i know its a bike shop but they're work has stood test of time for me a car would be 20x easier than my bike was, worth a try bet they would do it.

I know Lorrie well.

Problem is I would need to remove the booster and master cylinder and there is no way to get a drill in there as the plugs are on a 45 angle and they all face back, thats why I wanted the kit that didn't have the tab and didn't need a drill.

The GSXR they are easyer to get at apart from they are deep down inside the head between the cams