Anglia wiper motor wiring

mattj

Hey guys, I am having some issues with my wiper motor wiring, it was working before I changed the engine and now it isn't. I am guessing it is something really simple that I am overlooking.....

Anyway there are 5 wires coming out of the motor, 2 greens that were connected to +12v a white and black one that goes to a switch and then to earth and then there is a red one and a black one that I don't know were ever connected. So my thinking is that the red could be a 2nd speed and the black an earth but so far I haven't had any luck making it go.

So the problem is I don't know if the motor has died or if it is just a wiring issue (I am thinking wiring is the most likely).

Any ideas? Or is there someone with an anglia who could look at the wiring and see if the red and black wires are supposed to be connected to anything?

Cheers

Matt

Yeah I have that one, it shows the green and white wires but doesn't have the other 2, unless they make up the internal circuit but if that was the case then why have them coming off the motor at all?

do they not go to the gearbox on the motor for the wiper park switch rite fully if you put power on the green and ground the white with black the wiper should run but wont stop at the bottom of the screen when turned off my guess it the red and black are for the wiper park