flange nut serrations vs spring washers?

RUNAMUCK

https://engineerdog.com/2015/01/11/10-tricks-engineers-need-to-know-about-fasteners/

I can't see the point in spring washers - have a read of this book for why.

http://www.amazon.com/Fasteners-Plumbing-Handbook-Motorbooks-Workshop/dp/0879384069

Flange nuts might be better, loctite is a way to be sure. Assume you want to keep your dryer together?

• Like 1

If you loctite a bolt you can't get a good swing/impact on you need to be dragged out of work and made to undo one in a shit spot. Corrosion you can get frustrated with then write off the time. If you find it has been stud locked that's like a Good kilo of anger plutonium for the poor bugger that has to undo it.

• Like 1

Flange nuts are like nylocks ,you get one or two uses out of them before they come just like a standard nut.Also i think they maybe a higher grade 10.9,could be wrong there.We use them at work for all fasteners to a truck chassis.

**EDIT** i was thinking of a conical nut/cone nut. could be something to look into,they come with or without flanges

Flange nuts are like nylocks ,you get one or two uses out of them before they come just like a standard nut.Also i think they maybe a higher grade 10.9,could be wrong there.We use them at work for all fasteners to a truck chassis.

Aye how? I've used many over and over and they have been fine? Not a dig, genuinely curious.

They use them all over jap trucks.

Chassis, axles, engine, cab, inside cab.

Just flat ones not necessarily serrated ones.

Probably not on turbo/exhaust because of expansion/contraction etc.