Kc's 1980 GSL Galant-Sigma

Kc'sEX

Dope!! Another Sigma loving sicko. Looking forward to seeing how she turns out as this is pretty similar to my own one shape wise. 

yup, sigma number 6 or something. all my previous ones had the square rear wheel arch. this one isnt to bad so should be alright when i widen the steelies

im interested in buying your 4g52. pm me if your keen cheers, nice steering wheel. poo brown spec haha , pretty sure this model has lights in the c pillar inside? we used to love them for packing the billy. 

Hi There! will be getting the car wof'd and reg'd with the 4G52 and to be honest it will recieve alot of cruising before the G63B Turbo will be ready to go it, but will definetly give you first pic when i pull it out. poo brown everything! yes has the interior lights on the rear pillars, ideal for alot of activities!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Where did you get the steelies done? I am hoping to do the exact same thing to mine. 

Hi mate, did them myself haha just chucked in the lathe, machined out the centers of 4 donor rims, then parted them with how much offset i wanted, then parted the front lip off the sigma steelies then welded on the new lips.

• Like 1

Hi mate, did them myself haha just chucked in the lathe, machined out the centers of 4 donor rims, then parted them with how much offset i wanted, then parted the front lip off the sigma steelies then welded on the new lips.

Nice!, I need to learn how to do this!  :-D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Was thinking the same thing, or at least find someone willing to do it for me.......Whats the legalities of widening steelies anyway?  I always thought it was a bit dodgy?

Love the Sigma BTW, brings back happy memories of riding around in  friends one in the 80's....

• Like 1

Was thinking the same thing, or at least find someone willing to do it for me.......Whats the legalities of widening steelies anyway?  I always thought it was a bit dodgy?

Love the Sigma BTW, brings back happy memories of riding around in  friends one in the 80's....

cheers mate! the legality of widening steelies is that the welds are to be no further than 75mm apart, but thats only if you are welding a band in, in my case i single welded them using two sets of rims

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you lived closer I would have sent my 4g54 block to rebuild and use

cheers mate, not really that keen on 4g54's. if i was to do anything it would be a de-stroker 2.4L hybrid with the 4g63 sohc. turns into a 2.1L and revs to 11,000rpm