Wellington bead blasting.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Popped out to see Nick at Kapiti Vapour Blasting on Monday, nice guy, told me all about the process he follows and showed me some of his recent work, which looked pretty sharp. His turnaround times are quick, said he'd have my stuff done in a couple days. Will post some pics when I pick the parts up.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

More blasting news.

Currently having a bicycle frame blasted and powdercoated by Metal Immersions in Tawa, was quoted $150 for stripping, zincing and powdercoating. Had a bike frame dipstripped years ago by them and was happy with the service, will update with outcome.

• Like 1

for anyone searching in the future, i took my touring bike to powdercoating nz in cambridge and had it blasted, masked, zincshield primerd, and powdercoated for $112 gst inclusive

just double check they know how to mask a bicycle otherwise you will end up with powdercoat somewhere like the fork crown

That's a good price, I was just gonna paint mine after they blasted it but aint got time fo dat so happy to pay and at least it is local for dropoff/pickup.

The dude kept trying to convince me to get it done in pink, I couldn't tell if he was joking by the end then there was a weird silence for a bit.