The Dutch, Scottish, & Indian people megathread (Driving economically)

Roman

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh this wouldn't help matters...

'Moscow has stoked fears of an energy war by threatening to close a major gas pipeline to Germany after the US pushed its European allies to consider banning Russian oil imports over its invasion of Ukraine.

In an address on Russian state television, Russian deputy prime minister Alexander Novak said: “A rejection of Russian oil would lead to catastrophic consequences for the global market”, and claimed the price of oil could rise to more than US$300 a barrel. '

• Sad 1

Semi related to thread. Rental today was a hybrid Camry. Did 5.5l/100k on a 400km trip on back roads (and I wasn't being a Nana). Was pretty impressed for a big car with how easy it got good numbers. Would happily have one as a corporate wanker car, slam and nice wheels.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Geophy said:

Yeah Katie has one, 1.0 Turbo manual 3 pot. Goes good no lag not hot hatch quick but still goes pretty hard. Have had it for a year no issues motor sounds a bit rattly at idle but aparantly they are all like that being a 3 pot. 

received_715300952804511.jpeg.017dc8d70231ea7959425ec81c9fbe8a.jpeg

Important numbers.

Wellington to Hamilton driving normally (Cruise control as much as possible and a good hiding around western acess road) averaged 5.5L 100km

1 year of communting (30km each way 23km of rural roads and 7km of town driving) averaged 6.2l 100km. 

Love the fact its modern enough for modern car stuff like bluetooth ac power windows but isnt so new that it has every stupid accident avoidance feature under the sun. Adult sized windows and little bov noises when window is down. Traction control is very loose will light up in the rain and manual is a sweet gearbox.

Goes hard for what is. Would recommend 

• Like 6

Aqua just returned 4.6l/100km. I’m going to try this next tank driving like an annoying eco wanker, then the next one after that driving like a taxi driver (full throttle acceleration/hard stops) all in the interests of science.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

This my 20v junk.  400k on half tank. but the tank some kinda upside down triangle. 2nd half does like 100k's ha. 

22222000000.jpg.5db7b1f34e4934254685f8e5695fe4a2.jpg

consistently does low 7L/100km.    windy country road driving, hills and shit.   with the od 8k nang here and there.   open road should be in the 6's easy.
stock ecu it was doing  9.8L/100km.  something was a bit screwed with it.   but using that much fuel  the link has paid for itself

so yeh not bad for something thats not really eco spec. although the panel work resembles a golf ball. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, kpr said:

This my 20v junk.  400k on half tank. but the tank some kinda upside down triangle. 2nd half does like 100k's ha. 

consistently does low 7L/100km.    windy country road driving, hills and shit.   with the od 8k nang here and there.   open road should be in the 6's easy.
stock ecu it was doing  9.8L/100km.  something was a bit screwed with it.   but using that much fuel  the link has paid for itself

so yeh not bad for something thats not really eco spec. although the panel work resembles a golf ball. 

My friend's blacktop auto does about 6.8 L/100 km if treated somewhat normally. Yours must have been proper chooched

17 hours ago, Sunbeam said:

Aqua just returned 4.6l/100km. I’m going to try this next tank driving like an annoying eco wanker, then the next one after that driving like a taxi driver (full throttle acceleration/hard stops) all in the interests of science.

This is harder than I thought, as my strong sense of shame is battling with my scientific curiosity. I have made the eco bar go into the red twice already.

• Haha 4

I'm averaging 4.4L/100km city driving in fielder. Daily route is hilly an only short which doesn't help my numbers. Oil change shortly, what grade are people putting in their aqua race motors? 0w20 the go?

Need to pump up the tyres to Max an do a fresh polish

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Toucan said:

I'm averaging 4.4L/100km city driving in fielder. Daily route is hilly an only short which doesn't help my numbers. Oil change shortly, what grade are people putting in their aqua race motors? 0w20 the go?

Need to pump up the tyres to Max an do a fresh polish

Hybrid? Have bene looking at possible hybrids and the fielder was one that has made my list. Keen on opinion/feedback.

It has same driveline as aqua, but more conventional looking body/interior. Has the essentials but otherwise they are pretty no frills. Mine is 14 model before the facelift, it's a high spec one so has alloys an smart locking etc plus comfy as front seats. Feels quite narrow, good for city but we generally opt for the Accord when heading out of town.

Mean gas usage but tbh if you could work with an EV then I'd go straight for that

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ajg193 said:

My friend's blacktop auto does about 6.8 L/100 km if treated somewhat normally. Yours must have been proper chooched

stock ecu was about 14.3 afr in most cases after it stopped doing wacky shit and listen to the o2,  not great not terrible.  

guessing my normal is not the same as what you call normal.   If driven nicer on open road on longer trips  im sure it would easy do low 6's  how it is now.   

9 hours ago, Roman said:

Have you ever thought about having golfball texture in the intake?! 

Nar, never heard of that.  there was this hurricane intake idea though ?

• Haha 1