terrahs 1980 Mitsubishi Galant Sigma GQ

xTerraH

nice car! i have always enjoyed these, until the era of ugly boxy rear guards. 

i expect cheviot turbos and mudflaps on the ground mate.

Haha, thanks man.

I already changed the rims about a year ago sorry, you posted just before the follow up posts :P

That's tidy! Do you plan on engine upgrade at some point?

Absolutely, updated my thread about that today. The current engine isn't cutting it at all, and even hardcore mitsi-pervs have told me building up the current engine was pointless. All the awesome rally parts have long since dissipated really.

• 4 weeks later...

loving the car, awesome color! i also have a 1980 Galant-Sigma. I have been meaning to post a thread on here but haven't really done anything due to needing to sell a few cars first.

mine is a GSL, 2ltr 4G52 Astron with an automatic gearbox. poo brown with vinyl roof, louvers, roof rack etc completely standard!

I also have a G63B turbo engine with manual gearbox out of a starion that i plan to put in.

so we may be able to get a few tips off each other!

best of luck! again awesome car.

Cheers man!

Great to see another non slant-face siggy around. Hold on to those louvers! They seem to be  pretty hard to come buy. You should also look at joining the Ex lancer and Galant Sigma pages on fb, there's a bunch of guys on there selling things and giving out good advice.

Those starion engines are awesome, and there's so much you can do with them, with heaps of aftermarket parts still available. http://projectzerog.com has some good stuff regarding wiring, dohc head swaps, etc

• Like 1

Sweet Sigma man, wishing mine had the chrome bumpers after seeing this. 

Thanks dude, like yours too!

I didn't realise they were uncommon until I saw all the GH Aussie models. Would love to find a full GE chrome bumper.

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers man!

Great to see another non slant-face siggy around. Hold on to those louvers! They seem to be  pretty hard to come buy. You should also look at joining the Ex lancer and Galant Sigma pages on fb, there's a bunch of guys on there selling things and giving out good advice.

Those starion engines are awesome, and there's so much you can do with them, with heaps of aftermarket parts still available. http://projectzerog.com has some good stuff regarding wiring, dohc head swaps, etc

they are awesome cars! i have been on project zero and am liking the (2.1L Destroker) set up so might give that ago! I am apart of the facebook groups you speak of, Ex Lancer NZ was started by a good mate of mine here in nelson and i was the 3rd member.... haha! Might see you on there flicking some parts and visa versa

• 1 month later...

they are awesome cars! i have been on project zero and am liking the (2.1L Destroker) set up so might give that ago! I am apart of the facebook groups you speak of, Ex Lancer NZ was started by a good mate of mine here in nelson and i was the 3rd member.... haha! Might see you on there flicking some parts and visa versa

A 2.1 looks like an interesting way to go. And sounds good man!