Marsh

Marsh's 1982 Mitsubishi Mirage

6 posts in this topic

Sweet as bro, another project thread for the ol mirage. I'm crazy for these and own two of them. One I brought back in September for $800 with an automatic trans. Which had the same troubles you described. Couldent be effed with flushing it and so forth. As much as I would have liked to try, and keep the auto trans I didn't and converted it to a manual from one at the Zebra Wreckers yard here in Auckland.

They haven't been too hard, to get parts for, which I'm surprised at, didn't need to scrap my green mirage for the manual trans thank god. Keep up the good work, if you need help you only needs ask mate. Cheers

1 person likes this

I was going to convert my one but with how tidy she is Id rather keep her factory. I only need one part if you come across it. Its the plastic trim piece from the bottom of the rear door. 

They are cool wee cars. Very suprised at how well it goes for the 1400.

Im going to try get some better photos in the weekend. 

Have you come across any nice old style accessories like chrome monsoons or Louvers?

2 people like this

Is the plastic trim piece the thin one or the wider one (usually seen on mirages from 83 onwards)

I haven't been able to get louvers, I saw two at pick a part a year and a half go. But wasent too sure how they would have mounted to the rear window. As they seemed to be missing their mounting thingys.

I got some chrome monsoons from pick a part. And they are easily taken off other cars. They're quite common.

It's looking good with that new carpet man. Actually that whole darker interior looks quite good. 

The new carpet has made a massive difference. Was the un-tidiest bit of the car. Bit un nerving cutting holes in brand new carpet to put it in

1 person likes this