chrisr hz tonner discussion

chris r

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Kiwibirdman said:

Is it getting a standard grind or something a little better. Also do you need longer pushrods with a reground cam? 

Something better of course! 

Just valve springs for this profile. I need to measure mine and drop them off to test 

6 minutes ago, Kiwibirdman said:

You are on the slippery slope. Next is carby then extractors. Followed by some head work, then................

Heads are already ported and came with roller rockers etc. I've got a 4barrel that came with the rest of the stuff 

• 2 years later...
Just now, nzstato said:

Yes M20s are now moonbeams....

A cheap trick is to get a 6cyl box and swap out the 1st gear/pinion for a v8 one (you can buy them new).  The gearing isnt quite the same but it can be a cheaper route. 

thats what I have being investigating, however the v8 input shaft is now moonbeams too and I'm not 100% sure they are compatible with the m22 tonner gearbag.
Edit - just had another look on ebay and they are around 350 aud for the shaft. less than the last time I looked 

The 253 doesnt owe me much so I might just hoard for another project one day. Will see how it goes.