chrisr hz tonner discussion

chris r

20 minutes ago, Bearded Baldy said:

He is right you know, then comes lightweight billett flywheels and 4pinion lsds....20180123_165127.thumb.jpg.63d543e0c3f7913cfbbfb5ccd6a946e2.jpg

The 253 bits in have already have ported heads so that's the hard work done. 

I was thinking of injecting to but again it's more $$ and certs etc etc

202 with extractors and a mild cam I'll not have to worry as much. Its still a bit too original for me to much around with I feel 

• Like 1

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Bearded Baldy said:

I agree with you on the originality part. That is why my xc is still the old 4.1l lump. Just i got carried away last rebuild. But it is fun so it is all good :)

Yeah it is fun rebuilding and upgrading. Even if it's a shiny turd at the end of the day 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, kyteler said:

Also., it's a 202.  You're obligated to get a Cain or Redline manifold to fit a 4barrel Holley carb. 

Been keeping half a eye out for a manifold. 

And I'd be better off with fuel in the washer bottle and using washer jets than a 4 barrel holley on the 202 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, chris r said:

Been keeping half a eye out for a manifold. 

And I'd be better off with fuel in the washer bottle and using washer jets than a 4 barrel holley on the 202 

When I had my 202 there was always the "put a 350 on it" crowd but that was just all of the gas all of the time.  The actual trick was apparently a 465 with vacuum secondaries. 

That said, I put a 350 on with a Cain SS because I'm an idiot and one popped up for cheapsie doodles. 

• Like 2

Just now, kyteler said:

When I had my 202 there was always the "put a 350 on it" crowd but that was just all of the gas all of the time.  The actual trick was apparently a 465 with vacuum secondaries. 

That said, I put a 350 on with a Cain SS because I'm an idiot and one popped up for cheapsie doodles. 

I've heard/read so many people saying throw a 350 on it m9 it'll go hard azz. Also everyone says they absoutly drink the gas with a treefiddy. 

Eeh if it's cheap then who gives a shit. 

I've got a few quadrajets here if I find a cheap 4 barrel manifold but what I'll probably end up doing is getting a plate welded on the stock shit manifold and biltong a weber onto it 

Ideally I'd like to be able to use the og air filter housing so it looks 'stock' 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CUL8R said:

There was another very similar I had seen, but cant seem to find it.

My brother might have a CAIN manifold and ? carb if he has his old motor still?

I saw one that had checker-plate on the inside of the manifold which was similar to that one on facebook

yeah I'd be interested in that one for sure!  I found a DINGO manifold in aus for cheap but the guy wasn't interested in shipping it

I've found a weber 32/36 thats been jetted for a 202 for a reasonable price so no drama if there isn't a carb with the manifold

• 2 weeks later...

if you havent got a carb yet check out palmside.co.nz, they  sell  the 32/36  weber new for a reasonable price new, also  if you have the ability to weld a water heating tube to  the bottom of the manifold for anti  icing, done that to  the redline manifold i had on my hq 202  made a huge difference to not having cold fuel pool in the manifold, was running a new 32/36dgv from weber specs,  that and the vk electronic dizzy  worked well on the old 202