chrisr hz tonner discussion

chris r

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool. Ive managed to score myself an Armors manifold so very much wanting to to give this a go.

Just need to get the motivation lol

Kinda hard when it is currently running so good too.

But back to the project at hand.....

Are you keeping this on petrol? As in your not putting lpg on it are you?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

ahhh memories, My first ever ute was a 76 one tonner. Was contract roofing and it was my daily. 202 and 4 speed. No rocket ship but extremely reliable. yours is the genuine article too, lots of wannabe models around. Should never have sold it, Missed it so much I had to go and get a later model version. I still have a few random parts from the 76,(headlight surrounds, mirrors, door handles, wiring bits and pieces, air cleaner), If your ever in Tauranga bring a bottle of Jim Beam and take what you want. Have got Lpg set up out of it too, everything but the tank. Here's a few of the bits I dug out. And my late model version, 5.7 and 6speed.

20180105_111632[1].jpg

20180102_111459[1].jpg

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Thphantum said:

ahhh memories, My first ever ute was a 76 one tonner. Was contract roofing and it was my daily. 202 and 4 speed. No rocket ship but extremely reliable. yours is the genuine article too, lots of wannabe models around. Should never have sold it, Missed it so much I had to go and get a later model version. I still have a few random parts from the 76,(headlight surrounds, mirrors, door handles, wiring bits and pieces, air cleaner), If your ever in Tauranga bring a bottle of Jim Beam and take what you want. Have got Lpg set up out of it too, everything but the tank. Here's a few of the bits I dug out. And my late model version, 5.7 and 6speed.

20180105_111632[1].jpg

20180102_111459[1].jpg

Out of interest ... do those late model holden utes like that black one have chassis under them that are not unit body (ie body separates from the chassis) or are they unit body?

1 hour ago, Thphantum said:

20180105_111632[1].jpg

20180102_111459[1].jpg

Nice! I'll have to make a trip down to grab the stuff