Sign in to follow this  
DB8-TypeR

Honda 4Mini Dax and Chaly builds

So my engine turned up from Japan last week, assembled it all on Sunday and last night acheived its first start

• Like 7

Finished assembly and took it for its maiden voyage around the block. Acceleration is pretty average but once it gets into top gear it goes pretty good. 

Need to adjust idle as once warm it wants to stall

IMG_20190615_114152.jpg

• Like 7

Finally got the Chaly running with new exhaust/carb/head

IMG_20190727_113620

Had got sidetracked when I only noticed one of the intake manifold threads was stripped after I swapped the head. So then ordered some threaded inserts off aliexpress that were M6 inner thread and M9 outer.

Then once i had everything attached it just wouldnt start, no compression..... checked all the headgasket and things Id done and couldnt fault it but when kicking it over it would just chuff air and fuel back out the carb. Did some thinking and decided to check valve clearences (which id set before I put the head on) and dontcha know it, the intake valve was tight as. Loosened it up a bit and first kick it started.

So now its running and have ridden it around the driveway, need to order some jets of ali to get it right, idle jet seems a bit big and a unknown size, main jet is a 75 at the moment which shouldnt be far off.

IMG_20190817_154804

Have been using the spacy as my daily for the last 7 weeks or so (probably should register it...) and apart from blocking the carb a couple times it been good. Quite fun to ride and offers a bit more wind protection on the cold mornings than the DJ1 ever did.

IMG_20190626_084151

Hopefully be able to commit some finances to getting the Dax finished by the end of the year

• Like 6