Honda 4Mini Dax and Chaly builds

DB8-TypeR

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea seem to be going up a little in value, previous owner informs me its got a 70cc top end on it which explains why it goes so well.

Plan is to go for a resto mod, basically restored back to original but maybe an exhaust and other minor upgrades along the way. Will see what happens.

Going to to clean out the tank and get it running perfect then next week get it registered

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Success, went into AA this morning asked for MR2B, filled it inand was given a plate and 12 months rego for $109

26539719876_8762cdf2cf_z.jpgSucess by Andrew Whalley, on Flickr

Figured id try AA as its just a couple of office ladies rather than grumpy vehicle inspectors. Only trick is that on the form the vehicle type is not on the list of options. Options list starts at "02" but a moped is "01"

• Like 7

Really? Have you got a place down there like I used that is an AA purely for licencing and registration? Not part of a workshop or anything just a office.

The ladies here didnt even mention an inspection, just told me "no speeding" and laughed when I told them I probably couldnt if I tried

BEER plate

Even better, its B8EER
  • Like 3

Can i pay you to register my c50 for me plz :-D ?

I always get grumpy people that tell me there is no way it can be registered, blah blah mumble mumble blah.

haha.

you talking about the one I am meant to be buying off you lol?

in that case, yes, please get him to do that lol

I didn't even think of trying the AA

good thinking tex

AA here won't do it, when I tried they told me I had to go to VTNZ.

But VTNZ here was super easy, walk in, ask for/fill out form, pay and walk out with plate reg.

Mine was showing up on there computer, they didn't care when I made it like 7 years newer and changed the model.

• 3 weeks later...

Small update.

Have been slowly stripping bits off, taking them to work and bead blasting them. Have panel beaten the front guard with a claw hammer and broom handle and gotten most of the dents out.

Leaves it looking quite naked:

26928509911_29603160e5_z.jpgIMG_20160505_212433 by Andrew, on Flickr

Also had my order from webike japan show up today (was sent from Japan 4 days ago!)

26723212030_2be5527840_z.jpgIMG_20160514_101123 by Andrew, on Flickr

Includes a leg guard, headlight case, headlight lens, front brake shoes and Mirror

And a quick mock up

26996832115_a4916535ac_z.jpgMock up by Andrew, on Flickr

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

So this is now in basically as many peices as it can be, have taken all the small bits to work and used the bead blaster. A lot of the chrome bits were rusted so they will now be painted with Hammerite Black, frame was sanded and primed along with the guards.

26694045933_e8da6b2b2e_z.jpgP1040842 by Andrew, on Flickr

27025190690_2225ebd3bd_z.jpgP1040841 by Andrew, on Flickr

27025192840_9da642b98e_z.jpgP1040843 by Andrew, on Flickr

27230307371_0ec6c7fe55_z.jpgP1040844 by Andrew, on Flickr

So need to grab a couple cans of colour for the frame and and paint the guards white then start putting it back together. I would like to get some wide rims, new tyres, lower rear shocks and a nice exhaust but finances are a little tight so will see what happens

• Like 3

i've been trying to hunt down some wide rims for the 3 spoke type wheel. i had found some months ago but lost the site, so far i can only find wide rims for the 4 spoke style wheels 

EDIT:  you lucky bugger you seem to have the 4 spoke wheels.. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...