Honda 4Mini Dax and Chaly builds

DB8-TypeR

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Put some brakes in the front hub, plugged in all the wiring, fitted the wind guard and rear carry frame.

Ran it for a while but now I think something is sticking in the carb as it will just barely start, wont rev then dies. Spark plug ends up wet so I think its flooding itself.

Anyway, pic

29105015893_fe4db0a249_z.jpgChaly complete by Andrew, on Flickr

Will need to grab a battery before I can test all the lights etc

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Soo not much done on the Chaly, its mostly complete. Just had some 3.5" wide rims arrive, need to aquire some 110/80r10 tyres, maybe 120/70 but apprently clearance on the rear is an issue. Still a pain to get started, usually 20+ kicks when cold

IMG_20170726_192635

Also got back the scoot we had when I was 15, a 89 Honda DJ-1. Suitably rough and has seen some shit. Has been sitting since 2013 but fresh fuel and started on the first kick. Plans are to daily it and maybe make a little quicker

IMG_20170726_192548

As for the Dax, its in the garden shed. Have a new loom for it and am researching options for disc front ends, extended rear swing arms and bigger engines

• Like 5

DJ will likely stick around for as long as my current job lasts. Perfect for comuting and the price (free) was just right. Just needs to be reregistered and its away.

Wouldnt mind some 10" Dio/nifty fifty wheels for it rather than the 8" ones it currently wears

4 hours ago, DB8-TypeR said:

DJ will likely stick around for as long as my current job lasts. Perfect for comuting and the price (free) was just right. Just needs to be reregistered and its away.

Wouldnt mind some 10" Dio/nifty fifty wheels for it rather than the 8" ones it currently wears

ummm swaps? seriously haha. i want max bone on mine so small wheels is tops 

/swap whole scooter haha, i've got an af18 dio that goes fucking good after i've done a bit of fiddling to it. High speed variator, dr pulley style rollers, fresh belt, nails it up to speed now and still does 65-70k fairly easily. i think its pushing 80 downhill. 

Any chance you could take a couple measurements from the 10" Dio front wheel for me?

I need to know how deep into the drum the face of the Speedo drive part is and the od of it.

/Guessing it'd be the same as your 8" wheel too if the 10" goes on.

Want to get the front of my Gyro up on a 10" wheel.

4 hours ago, Raizer said:

Any chance you could take a couple measurements from the 10" Dio front wheel for me?

I need to know how deep into the drum the face of the Speedo drive part is and the od of it.

/Guessing it'd be the same as your 8" wheel too if the 10" goes on.

Want to get the front of my Gyro up on a 10" wheel.

Yep no worries. Currently have neither in my possesion but am picking the 8" one up on tuesday

• Like 1

Success

IMG_20170801_181937

Dax and DJ1 have new plates. Wish Id been able to keep the DJ's original plates (22RUM) but apparently the system wouldnt  let her renew them.

Took the DJ for a fang, tops out at an Indicated 60kp/h, not sure if this is above averaghe or not. Forgot to measure the 8"rim for you @Raizer but am grabbing the 10" ones in the next couple days.

Only issue to sort is broken rear lights which I cant find a replacement for in NZ and the ignition relay needs to be smacked for it to switch on and let the lights work.

• Like 1