kyteler

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also.

Pics.

EDIT: Also there must be enough akl carinas for a meet / photoshoot some time! 

Ash - coupe

Fong - White Sedan

NicT - Red coupe

??? - Red coupe seen at akl meet

Roman - grey coupe

Roman - yellow coupe

• Like 1

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/52438-ashs-catarina-the-carina/Bro.Was the name Carina not girly enough? Having to add "ta" at the start is odd.Also.Pics.

Haters gonna hate haha

Argh, this makes me question my tactic of spend all money on house/mortgage even more than just the adub.

?? Me spending my money or you on yours?

• Like 1

4AG(Z)E swap is just toooooooo easy in a Carina, great option!

Already A series cross member/mounts, already a T50, already hydraulic clutch, already an A series bellhousing, already T series diff etc etc. Way easier than AE85 > AE86 as half of the stuff is already there.

All signs point to 4AGZE being an awesome option

• Like 1

Already A series cross member/mounts, already a T50, already hydraulic clutch, already an A series bellhousing, already T series diff etc etc. Way easier than AE85 > AE86 as half of the stuff is already there.

All signs point to 4AGZE being an awesome option

Cheers! Nice to get some love haha

Since I won't be retaining AC either I can wire the SC clutch up to the AC switch too and change the A to a S haha

Want to keep it road friendly and good for road trips so will help on gas when we're not giving it some

The factory GZE ECU already does switch it off at cruising, so you'll not gain much form that.

Buuuutttt there's an undeniable novelty factor of having a supercharger turn on with the flip of a switch, and I'm all for novelties :-D

Shout out if you get stuck on something and need a hand, no spare parts though sadly!

• Like 1

The factory GZE ECU already does switch it off at cruising, so you'll not gain much form that.

Buuuutttt there's an undeniable novelty factor of having a supercharger turn on with the flip of a switch, and I'm all for novelties :-D

Shout out if you get stuck on something and need a hand, no spare parts though sadly!

Yeah true but like you say.. Novelty factory haha

That and I bridged the solenoid in the AW and the response with the throttle was awesome!

I wish I could have fun with cars again but I have zero left over after other responsibilities.

One day..

We seem to have very similar tastes in vehicles!

Ah right! Yeah I'm trying to make the most of it while I can haha

"ATTTN roman I tried to PM you but you can't receive any new mail?? Inbox is full??

Hey dude I came across what looks like some old posts from you on toy mods??

I'm looking into doing a disk brake conversation on the rear and upgrading the front brakes to a vented disk and/or caliper off a cressda maybe??

I came across a post the was posted by a roman in west AKL and figured it was you?

Said a f series rear from a RA40 bolts straight into a a6??

And possibly an altrzza diff into said axel??

Did this work?"

i drove this thing up from Palmerston north for Stan awhile ago. 

brought it off an dude that owned it for 12 years or so, he brought it for his kids to learn in (thats how it got the dents) he's done all the work to it, he painted it 8 years ago i think thats why the paint it pretty average. 

was a dream to drive from palmy > auckland 

"ATTTN roman I tried to PM you but you can't receive any new mail?? Inbox is full??

Hey dude I came across what looks like some old posts from you on toy mods??

I'm looking into doing a disk brake conversation on the rear and upgrading the front brakes to a vented disk and/or caliper off a cressda maybe??

I came across a post the was posted by a roman in west AKL and figured it was you?

Said a f series rear from a RA40 bolts straight into a a6??

And possibly an altrzza diff into said axel??

Did this work?"

I'm pretty sure it worked for him.

The problem is finding one. I owned my carina for a couple of years and could never get my hands on one. That being said, unless trackdays are what you're building the car for, drums are probably fine. They have a lot of power, they just overheat faster than discs.

• Like 1

brought it off an dude that owned it for 12 years or so, he brought it for his kids to learn in (thats how it got the dents) he's done all the work to it, he painted it 8 years ago i think thats why the paint it pretty average. 

Ohhh, I remember this car. One of my customers work ex boys was using I think

Nah mate ya would have been passing new cars through the hills because they actually weren't trying

Nah, they were mate, I've got go pro of a local in a new model Corolla starting to lose it while he tried to set some distance on the down hills to matarangi

Ah! Yeah he said he had a mate drive it up

Drives and runs mint.

Been well locked after.

I did wonder about the dents and dings. The doors aren't original, has a electronic control for both left and right mirrors, however the doors are only fitted for a right side mirror.

That and the mirrors aren't original either. God knows what their off