Ash's 82 AA60 rina of rustic glory

Motivation was definitely lacking this weekend and bugger all was done.

telling my self it's to cold for epoxi to cure properly haha

drew a crude wiring diagram.

was going to incorporate it into the factory stuff but CBF with that shit storm, also means if I got to sell the setup it's all complete and can literally bolt into any 4cyl car.

Picked up a fuse & relay box off Ali for 10-15 bucks from memory, seems well made.

thermo switch for the rad for $7.76

think I've got some relays and fuses from a car a wrecked so that'll save some $

just need a fan and rad, maybe use the Aw11 one for extra free bonus.

be sick to build the whole system for less then $500

fucking wheel bearings gone again. Going to get wheels rebalanced and a wheel alignment. If it happens again I'll haft to buy daily, piss' me off cause aside from that it's been a trooper of a daily

IMG_0021.PNG

IMG_0024.PNG

IMG_0025.PNG

• Like 5

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been fighting the weather this weekend, managed to get the boat cloth done.

resins mostly set now but I'll let it cure over tomorrow as well then paint it in that same black epoxi enamel I used on the underside and wheel well's

glad to get most of this chapter done, has a been a pain in the ass having to do it and put it back together everyday so I can get around.

have had the whole front end apart 4-5 times now.

started on the valance thing at the front. She's probably the worst panel on the car.

tidied up some other parts of the body too. Pretty keen to do panel and paint next..

unsure of what colour..

upgraded the the ground straps too and cleaned the metal and add some petroleum jelly. Battery's not holding its charge as well now it's colder

IMG_0081.PNG

IMG_0082.PNG

IMG_0083.PNG

IMG_0084.PNG

IMG_0085.PNG

Boat cloth done

black epoxi shit done

2k paint for the door jams and engine bays should be here this week.

see if I can get cracking on that before I fly out for work next week

thinking dark blue..? These with a couple shade of tint and very light metalic coat

http://www.ppgpittsburghpaints.com/color/paint-colors/blues/chinese-porcelain-ppg1160-6

http://www.ppgpittsburghpaints.com/color/paint-colors/blues/singing-the-blues-ppg1159-7

Got a guy who painted a mates car who can do a closed door, still a bit off doing that though

IMG_0109.PNG

IMG_0110.PNG

IMG_0111.PNG

IMG_0112.PNG

Mil spec cable turned up. I'll fit off the fuse and relay box tomorrow, get lengths run out and loom it up.

then see if there's any crimps or fittings I need pick up

using a "cherry" sensor for the crank trigger, don't know much about them but their pretty well recommended. Most of the hall sensors are around a hundred bucks.

picked mine up from an NZ company called Msel for $65 witch was a best deal I could find, and with over night courier as well. Mint

IMG_0118.PNG

IMG_0119.PNG

• Like 1

Getting busy in this little box..

changed it around a bit.

alowed for two fans

thermo switch no longer switches 0v of the fans.

instead, switching the 0v of the fan contactors

not wanting to get stuck with no fans if the AliExpress special thermo switch thinger decides to die (witch I garrentee will when I'm away on a long weekend) I've added a switch to bypass the thermo switching for one of the fans so I can still get back to home base.

turned into a lot of cabling already and I haven't even started on the IGN system

IMG_0123.PNG

IMG_0124.PNG

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Picked up cool Adriano thermo switches for the fans. Means I can stage the fans at any temp.

pulled the standard rad out of my old AW11 and tidied it up. Fans are pretty bad in spots so I'll see if I can get replacements or something to press in????

going for wof next week if I pull my finger out and drop it off stands.

plans for respray next!!

IMG_0483.JPG

• Like 4

Yus it's off stands!! Rear ends back together

rust is all welded up, painted.

in other good news I picked up a rebuilt 4age long block with rwd water fittings and other accessorys for  box of piss and pack of durries. That with a blacktop clutch I should have it swapped soon.

still plans to build the 7A at some point.  But since this is cheap I can fuck around with the megasquirt and if it blows up or falls apart I won't be heart broken

IMG_0505.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Third WOF since I've taken ownership :)

Took it to a non dodgy place as my usuall guys away on holiday  and came back sweet with no notes or anything. Winning!

going to talk to a guy on Thursday about getting it painted professionally.

The paints wearing so thin the whole thing will look like the gaurd or some stanced out e30 soon.

see if I've got some money spare and get some carpet too since I've got week off

IMG_0909.PNG

IMG_0908.PNG

• Like 2

One day of driving.... and the wheel bearing shits it's self again.

6th or so time now..

pulled the calipers off. Sliders are sweet. Pistons getting stuck. I'll open it up and see what's going on.

put some random struts/calipers in for the time being. Just finish bleeding the brakes now..

fuck my life

least finley the cats a g and hung out all day

IMG_0925.PNG

• Like 2

Fuck Finley looks angry in that photo..

struts in, brakes in, brakes bleed, car stops, fucking mint.

put 80kms on it today with no weird noises, slowly reached 130 no issues, and surprisingly kicked the ass out around my favourite round abouts in light drizzle.

smiles all round

lets see what else I can muster before I go back to work 

Picked up carpet.

started fitting carpet.

pretty stoked with the first days work. Small cuts/refit/cut/refit.

will haft to sew it up into shape but it's mint so far.

Rear will be the hardest, probably haft to do it in two parts and sew them together.

couple little places where I'll need to add carpet and sew it from behind but that's sweet, will be perfect fit and hard wearing when done.

got 5meters so I'll do mats and dash protector too.

wahoo! Car will be more civilised again :)

found oldschool coins too, I'll chuck me back under when I'm done

IMG_0979.PNG

IMG_0982.PNG

IMG_0983.PNG

IMG_0984.PNG

IMG_0985.PNG

IMG_0987.PNG

IMG_0988.PNG

• Like 5

Since I'll be keeping the t50 for some time longer I thought I'd make it more comfortable to drive.

i naturally sit back and pretty low when I drive. Like some sort of g but without actually trying.

i find this means shifting into 1st,3rd,5th my arms nearly fully straight.

that short shifter helped but I've taken that out as I don't think their very good for the gearbox's

got some scrap 12mm rod and bent it up to sit the gear knob further back (about 80mm back), threaded the end M12x1.25 for yota knobs.

sitting in the car it's far better now.

factory throw between gears is quite a bit, it's taller now too witch adds to this.

The factory steel welded up real nice so I'm thinking I'll chop the bottom leg off and weld 6-7mm in there. Then get a guy at work to mill the spacer for the short shifter down to the same amount.

just to take some throw out of it and make a kind of half short shifter that's still friendlyer on the gears

obviously not weighted either, so might weld a washer half way down then lay a stack on top and run a tac down the outside so the don't rattle around

IMG_1056.PNG

IMG_1057.PNG

• Like 1

Stretched its legs today. Guys in the MR2 club asked me to be their chase car with tash on the walkie talkie to the lead car.

cracked a mighty one hundred and fourty five kilometres an hour! While the boosted two seaters walked away happily cracking over 200 haha

was good to give it a decent couple hours of thrashing though.

vented disc's with mintex pads and 5.1 worked awesome! And at one hair pin nearly threw the girls into the dash board.

needs more power, RPM and wider tires

also finish carpet and get it painted so I don't look like some westie axe murder

IMG_1157.PNG

IMG_1158.PNG

IMG_1159.PNG

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Brake calipers rebuilt with new pistons and flywheel skimmed and balanced with new clutch.

got ADL to do the lot, $240 for the calipers, $150 for flywheel skim and balance...

more then I thought, but they have done a bloody good job. Including machine and painting the calipers.

rest of it on the actual car as of late it chaseing oil leaks and keeping it running as my daily. It's defiantly a test of dedication to keep it on the road and driven every day.

replaced the dizzy Oring a while back. Still leaked. Pulled the fuel pump (3A is mech off the back of the cam) and made a new gasket.

its now leaking FAR less, but it's still dropping oil.. so I still have gaskets to make, and holes to gasket goo..