PBaines 1971 Toyota Corolla KE25

pbaines

On 2/22/2017 at 21:45, Alistair said:

Awesome man, keen to see the motor built!

You aren't the only one!!

After having a bone standard 4A-GE big port in my KE30, a reasonably standard 4A-GE big port in my AE86 I cannot wait to drive a 4A-GE small port that has massive cams, a complete head job, a light flywheel, good set of extractors and also having it on a standalone ECU :-D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That seems like the best part of the specs haha. Why is the competitor in Chinese? Seems almost like a dodgy ripoff filter?

Edit: The image was just translated from Japanese and those kanji characters are just the remains

2 hours ago, ajg193 said:

That seems like the best part of the specs haha. Why is the competitor in Chinese? Seems almost like a dodgy ripoff filter?

Edit: The image was just translated from Japanese and those kanji characters are just the remains

Yeah it's all good. it came with an invoice from Toyota itself so no dodgy rip off.

It lends a sporty feel to the engine compartment. rip off or not, what more could you possible want from an oil filter.

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Flauski said:

What colour paint you gonna go in the end? My vote is that awesome looking factory blue / green on ya front end.... 

Yes. It isn't a factory colour, those panels have been resprayed in their time in Japan at some point. 

I'll get it colour matched to it though as i love the colour. Seeing the guards, bonnet and 1/2 the front end that turquoise blue it definitely got the vote from me too.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, piazzanoob said:

with everything else looking nice and tidy on the engine i would recommend getting those throttle bodies vapour blasted

hit up this guy 

@Mr VapourMr Va@

I agree.
Once I have had everything put in, all the engineering work done to it, the electrical work and the run in etc, then when I take everything back out for the panel and paint I will go through with a fine pick comb to pretty everything up as much as possible.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Bistro said:

Are you still on the look out for some MkIIs? is this still 4x110? I might have some 13x7 and 13x7.5s that need some work

Ps, loving the progress - great build.

I'll be going to 4x114.3 as I'll have the AE86 rear diff setup and also AE86 front suspension also. 

I'm still umming and arrring about wheel Choice haha. So many to choose from, finding some that are the right fit is hard

• 3 months later...
  • 5 years later...