PBaines 1971 Toyota Corolla KE25

pbaines

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fukn A :-D your Levin is far too tidy... I wish I had a TE27 Levin in my shed too!

This is more of a hybrid KE20, KE25 and TE27 car. Mongrel of the sorts.

rad

Cheers!

Just FYI, that's your old KE25 sitting next to mine in the picture there. It will live again another day

oh fuck!!!!!!!

I want it back..........

I don't think there would be anything to persuade them in selling it. They've spent years piecing together parts ready for their KE25 build.

God I wish I'd never sold my 25, I saw a genuine sprinter with that front on it once in Nelson, never again though, I'll be keeping a keen eye on this, looks like it'll be good when it's finished

Wow awesome, I didn't even know that they imported that particular model here in NZ. Never seen a front end like this till one popped up on one of the Japanese sites I use to get parts.

I'll probably keep the entire car the colour the gaurds etc are as I reckon it looks pretty sharp.

I don't think there are any good parts on that car lol

Shame, but I am glad the guy I sold it to never got round to putting the 2jz in it that I knew would never happen but worried that they would start by cutting out the firewall hah

Meh

Would rather ke26 these days anyway

I don't think there are any good parts on that car lol

Shame, but I am glad the guy I sold it to never got round to putting the 2jz in it that I knew would never happen but worried that they would start by cutting out the firewall hah

Meh

Would rather ke26 these days anyway

Last time I saw the boot lid, I don't even know if I would call it a boot lid anymore. More of a.... boot grater-lid. Rusty as buggery.

And I concur, KE26 's are boss.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
1 hour ago, smitty said:

Just wondering why get a T50 from Japan? If you are going to get it rebuilt anyway wouldn't it be cheaper to just find one in NZ?

because even after shipping to the door, can get a T50 cheaper than what I can get here. Think the last one I got was 400nzd to the door with bellhousing etc. That setup would cost $800 roughly to get here in NZ.

If one comes up cheap enough here, for sure I will jump on it.

• Like 3

hey nice corolla, a mate has offered me his old coupe race car, same shape as yours, for $3800 its running a hot 2T with twin sidies , cage with papers , heaps of hot-wires and slicks , nice rear end set up, big brakes etc and comes with two 4age engines. I don't know what these are worth is this a good deal? be a fun hillclimb car. cheers.

21 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

hey nice corolla, a mate has offered me his old coupe race car, same shape as yours, for $3800 its running a hot 2T with twin sidies , cage with papers , heaps of hot-wires and slicks , nice rear end set up, big brakes etc and comes with two 4age engines. I don't know what these are worth is this a good deal? be a fun hillclimb car. cheers.

Sounds like a bargain. :-)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaxPower said:

That's a bargain for sure. Get it, drive it and if you get sick of it wack it on trade me for $5000 no reserve. 

Or just keep it and have some fun!! Either way that's really cheap