Danger's RX4 discussion fred

danger

Awesome.

I think you should go matt black and all of the chrome you have. Then get one of those white Mazda door sticker things that go along above the sill line. And hotwires or better still modgies.

What interior stuff have you got for it?

• Like 1

I think I have all parts bar the grill badge, the gutter chrome, one guard eyebrow trim, the front bonnet trim and the round badges that go on the C pillar trims.

Interior wise I think I have all the dash parts and interior. Also have 2 sets of 929 wagon interior for spares. Will need to get a new rooflining, probably off ebay and the dash top needs a lot of attention.

Yeah thinking satin black (I always think satin black) those logos would be a nice touch.

May change the stud pattern and fit some 15" mesh wheels and drop. Still thinking about doing a small C notch. Perhaps raising the front leaf hangers and fitting a 626 rear swaybar while I'm under there.

The dash tops are almost always cracked. Fuck it, I think you should go full rat speck. Get the body as good as you can, then just stick the rest of it together and do skids. Would be sweet if all your interior stuff was different colours so you could have a back seat that was a different colour to the passenger seat, which is different again from the drivers seat.

Monster J-port too please. With 51mm IDA. Just because.

No drees with an IDA...

Yeah what I intend to do is get a mint rooflining in and get the dash top tidied up. Then I can throw the glass in and there wont be any reason to have to remove it if someone wants to make it super tidy or anything.

Massive crazy cracking and spiderwebs of rust under all the paint so I'll baremetal the lot. Will do everything behind the firewall for now and get everything forward of the firewall sand blasted at some point.

We got one for $200 but were to young to drive so drove around at dads work then I remeber being blazed as in a 13b sedan thanging thru Wellington city.  Spend as little as poss and focus on getting it back together and onto the road.  That old pic is awesome btw.  

• Like 1

Those logos would look sweet with the sill chrome. Not sure what it means in relation to the spec but its got chrome door pillar trims too.

Got a 13b full cut bridgey that only needs new bearings that I'll likely bang together if I get that far. Got a few S1 rx7 gearboxes still too.

• Like 1

Beat all the dents out first

I used a Mapp gas torch, heat up spots where its stretched and flimsy.

Watch the metal expand and be sure its rising up instead of inverting down. if inverting give it a whack from underneath

Heat till starts to get hay coloured then quench with a damp rag.

Repeat until patience wears out.

• Like 1

Yip, do all the hard work for me, then I'll come pick her up.

Hahaha.. just gotta put it in there aye, my dash is also cracked to fuck, cracked worse when it was under cover in the dark WTF! Go fucken figure..

• Like 1