Jesse's 1984 Ford Courier

J-W-G

Project Uterus

Picked up a solid old Courier/B series ute today from Ashburton. Was used as a farm hack, but overall it ran and had a fresh Wof and reg. Asked the guy what he wanted for it and $850 i was driving back to Chch. The steering box was super sloppy and i had to battle to keep her straight, good fun! I think its a 1.8 backed by a 4 speed. Anyways....

Someone welded a power bulge to the bonnet just to show what a powerhouse this thing is

awdztell.nxg.jpg

541p2dqn.4fk.jpg

Interior was sweet usual kind of wear for a farm hack

1pgcd3zz.5ll.jpg

Looked behind the seat and found te woodys....

cy0uynbo.1xl.jpg

All in all good little score. No notable rust spots in the floor pan, a few small pinholes but all good. Once i strip the house paint off the cab it might bring up some uglies...

Plans

-Wellside

-Fix up interior

-Tighten up steering box

-Strip down cab

-Reupholster bench

-Steels and caps

-Good dose of low

J-W-G

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

I bought another one...

Bought another one from Invercargill (big thanks to Kyteler for storing it for me) way nicer XLT spec this time (2.0L MA, 5 Speed, rev counter) and wellside which is a bonus.

Got a set of 15x6 steels from a hiace for cheaps, got them widened to 7.5 with a set of whitewalls in the 195/60 variety. Interior was complete which was a bonus, only bugger is that a spring is broken on the bench.

ip0ydqsp.ucy.jpg

ccpt0urv.3xt.jpg

Reckon it needs at least a 3inch drop...

Best way to lower these things?

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/52282-jesses-1984-ford-courier-uterus/?hl=%2Bford+%2Bcourier

• Like 2