Panel + Paint help needed

TimShadboltfan27

Not really the post i want to be making, but may have happened to someone on here.
So between last night and 4pm some chutney ferrit poured paint stripper on my car. dont know why, how, or when, i have no clue where to even begin. my guess is some little hoodlum who raided his dads shed and wanted to use some of his meth ingredients

bk69MLi.jpg?1

SFb52Fn.jpg?1

cpflrUx.jpg?1

is an old 5series e34, luxorbeige colour, no doubt been discontinued and will have to be matched.
by the time i had found it, most panel and paint places had shut up shop and too hard to explain over the phone, so im wondering if anyone knows what will be required to fix this.

just the quarter panel, or full respray? and any other tasks involved. id assume it needs to be sanded or bogged.

if any panel beaters on here have a rough guestimate on the price, that'd be cool. just so i know what im in for. will take it into panel beaters on monday for a proper look but just wanted to know what im dealing with in the mean time.

thanks in advance :)

Nothing i can really do, neither can the police by the sounds. Got a quote this morning for 280+gst to redo the rear quarter and blend door and bumper etc so not as bad as i thought. Still a shit load of money for a student to pull out of nowhere. Next step is probs a camera somewhere up the drive

Nothing i can really do, neither can the police by the sounds. Got a quote this morning for 280+gst to redo the rear quarter and blend door and bumper etc so not as bad as i thought. Still a shit load of money for a student to pull out of nowhere. Next step is probs a camera somewhere up the drive

That's a good price man. Although the $ are hard to find when ya have none ya won't get a better quote (if ya did ya wanna ask some questions about quality of the job)

I hate to see sh*t like this. Sorry man. I don't think it would need a full respray but it will need to be blended into surrounding panels such as door and trunk lid.

Edit: Just saw post above. All the best getting it sorted.

• Like 1