Cute Wee Gem's Gemini Coupe #2

CUL8R

What are the usual rust spots on these?  A pillar and firewall?  Do Chevettes rust in the same places?

What's the plan?  Keep it standard, or tweak it up a bit?

Coupes I've found like to do boot floors. Firewall/inner guard/Floorpan seams. Under Heater matrix's on the early ones, Followed by the floor pans.

Theres the channels under the front guards too that are prone to rusting out

• Like 1

Hah, Steelies, Goat and I totally rolled past you at the Mobil in Masterton in Steelies Coon wags on saturday,

brought up a decent conversation about Geminis and chromes

Hah! I seen you guys go past and thought "that looks like Steelies' Coon"

Gemini's and chromes are an Aussie dream mayte!

My other coupes boot floor is immaculate from memory. Funny how the exact same car can rust in different spots. I find the inner front guards are almost always rusty except on later model ones where they have plastic to protect them. Unsure about Chevettes as I've only owned 2 and never bothered to do them up.

Standard isn't in my vocabulary :P Unsure of plans yet but it'll be Isuzu powered.

TD Gemini? I havent seen one of those in years!! I remember picking one up In Kapiti when i was younger and threw a 12a at it like most young people do with old school cars in Kapiti haha. Such fun little cars!

Mine had rust around the boot seal and a little bit in the firewall

Matt

Awesome! Not this one by any chance? It was previously gloss black. I remember it swinging Os across the road from maccas 5-8 odd years ago.

They're definitely loads of fun to drive  :-D

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/isuzu/auction-1052410754.htm

Nah i had the coupe like yours. I owned it years and years ago so who knows what scrap yard it ended up in haha