Grown ups weekend

Was talking with the boss last night and we stumbled upon the idea of a casual weekend camp or even just a day bbq for those of us that have rugrats or are also at a stage of growth in their lives.

Like a normal get to gether but with family stuff instead of grass skids.

Yeah or nah?

• Like 2

Some where with bbq facilities and flushing loos. Im thinking wenderholm just north of orewa but thats coz its local and im lazy. Any other suggestions?

Pretty much any regional park will fit the bill. Might be easier to just take along portable bbq's or even just do the old supermarket chicken picnic, the BBQ's can be in demand, but I guess it's coming off peak season now.

Shakespear park can be a good one too, as long as it's high tide, for swimming. If not there are some scuttled hulks on the right hand side of the bay, which is kind of interesting.

Or could do it central like Cornwall park or something?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

If anything family friendly comes along me and my girls are keen to join in! Daughters love my rust buckets (setting the bar nice and low for them)

Depending where etc we could possibly bring a pony for entertainment for wee ones... would mean leaving old car at home but the horse box is a 1971... that counts right?

• Like 1